Chapter 12

After things were arranged, Yang Zhao didn't want to stay any longer and left Du Mansion with Wen Yu.

As soon as he walked out of the gate, Wen Yu asked curiously: "Why is there still a deed?"

Yang Zhao helped him sit in the carriage, "Since I have given you the work, I naturally have to give you some money, otherwise you can do it well If they don't accept it, your hard work will be in vain."

Wen Yu had never done such a job, so he naturally didn't understand the twists and turns. Seeing what Yang Zhao said, he didn't take it to heart anymore and started. Looking forward to what comes next.

"He said anything from the mountains is fine. Can vegetables, wild mushrooms, and chestnuts be brought over?"

"Well, anything edible is fine. They have a large family, and the host is tired of eating delicacies from both mountains and seas. Occasionally, I can eat some wild vegetables to freshen them up. If you don't like them, you can have them cooked in the kitchen for the long-term workers to eat."

I thought about what I could pick after going up the mountain. There is indeed nothing to dig in the wild at this time of year, but there are indeed many wild ones. You can also pick fruits and vegetables. Hairy chestnuts and wild persimmons can be picked at this time. The wild persimmons are delicious after the frost.

Wen Yu didn't ask how much the three pieces of leather were sold for, and he didn't know how much the goods cost. This time he followed him and gained some insights.

Yang Zhao took him to the condiment shop and bought two kilograms of coarse salt. Wen Yu's heart was bleeding when he went out. He suddenly understood why Mr. Wen Liu felt sorry for the salt every time and repeatedly told him to use less salt.

The Wen family's food was light, and it was only when he went to Yang Zhao's house that he could eat food with suitable taste. Seeing that the Yang family's house was even simpler than the Wen family's, he could not take it to heart.

Thinking about the food and drink at Yang's house these past few days, I feel more and more like I'm lucky.

The two drove the donkey cart to the clothing store, but Wen Yu blocked their way before they even entered.

"There's really no need to buy new clothes. The clothes here shouldn't be cheap."

Two pounds of salt is so expensive, so why shouldn't ready-made clothes be more expensive?

Yang Zhao pulled him away, but didn't let go. He still didn't dare to hold Wen Yu's wrist hard. He controlled the strength so that the other party couldn't shake him off.

"You can't save money regardless of things, and you can't save some money."

After saying this, he raised his feet and walked forward without hesitation, but Wen Yu used all his strength to barely hold him back.

"I'm not saying not to wear new clothes. Let's go buy cloth and cotton. Wouldn't it save some money? With the money saved, we can buy more cotton and wear thicker clothes."

This is true, let alone saving cotton. In terms of money, ready-made clothes are much more expensive than fabrics. The cost of buying one piece is enough to make two pieces of clothes out of fabric.

Seeing that Yang Zhao wanted to waver, he took a step forward and lowered his head to explain: "The one I made will fit you better, and besides, my needlework is also good."

With his head bowed and his stubborn look, Yang Zhao couldn't refuse, "This shop There are also fabrics and cottons, let's go in and have a look."

He went in and asked about the prices, and it turned out to be similar to what Wen Yu had guessed. For the price of a set of ready-made clothes, he and Yang Zhao could each make a jacket.

Gray and indigo fabrics were the cheapest. The two chose two pieces of cloth and bought some new cotton. They used the money they had planned to buy for a set of clothes to buy materials for two or three sets of clothes.

After putting it on the donkey cart and looking at the piles of goods, Wen Yu was particularly satisfied. Although he didn't spend a penny less, he bought more than twice as much.

Wen Yu was sitting in the donkey cart, looking at the colorful embroidery threads in his hands, with a fresh flavor in the corners of his eyes and eyebrows.

There were many people on the street, and Yang Zhao drove slowly. He turned around and glanced at him. Seeing his happy look, his own eyes also became more joyful.

"Like needlework?"

There was a little joy in the man's voice. Wen Yu naturally felt it and nodded without hesitation. He recalled with a smile: "I used to only see my aunt at home before she took out these threads during the Chinese New Year. I want to take a look at her." None."

The only threads he could touch were black and white, and they were all thick threads used to mend clothes. He had never touched colorful embroidery threads.

Yang Zhao's face darkened two points after hearing this. He licked his molar teeth and didn't know what he was thinking. After a moment, he said: "Fucheng is more prosperous than ours. When I have the opportunity, I will go there to buy some embroidery thread. It is prettier than this."

Fucheng? For people in the village, some people may have never been to Fucheng in their lives, such as Wen Dafu and his parents.

Wen Yu smiled and did not refuse. He carefully stuffed the embroidery thread in his hand into the cotton pile and looked at the people passing by with a smile.

"Okay, then I will pull out a few feet of red cloth and I will embroider a tent."

It is a custom in Anyang area that no matter whether it is a woman or a couple, they must make a bed tent. Rich people will use good materials to make it, and then Let your daughter or twins put auspicious patterns on it.

People in the village are not rich, but they will also make a warm-colored tent and put it in the dowry. The richer man's family will make a canopy bed to match the bed tent. If the family is poor and cannot afford such expensive furniture, the husband's family will It is easy to lose track of the rules in front of the bride.

Some families who love their children will pull out a few feet of high-quality materials even if they grit their teeth, so that the child to be married can be made as grand and noble as possible, to give the husband's family a show of authority, and to save the time when they get married, they will have to set up rules.

The man sitting on the carriage shaft felt a little itchy and suddenly began to look forward to what kind of tent his young husband could make.

There are no elders above them, so naturally no one will set rules for the husband. No matter how beautiful the bed tent is, it is all for the pleasure of the two of them.

Looking at the joy...the swaying bed curtains...some inappropriate scenes flashed through Yang Zhao's mind, and when he realized it, he almost gave him a big showdown in the street.

Yang Zhao, Yang Zhao, you are such a beast!

The man secretly despised himself in his heart, but the corners of his mouth curved with unknown meaning.

As noon approached, there were fewer people on the street, and the donkey cart slowly stopped in front of a stall.

Before he got out of the car and observed the surroundings, Wen Yu heard scents coming from all directions, which he had never smelled before.

"Invite you two gentlemen." The stall owner greeted the two people warmly and tied the donkey cart to the tree next to the stall.

"A bowl of clear soup with flat meat, and a bowl of egg-shredded flat meat." The man held Wen Yu's hand while telling the store owner.

Wen Yu drove him to sit at a roadside stall, muttering quietly.

"It's all because I didn't think carefully. I didn't think about having a meal at noon. If I bake a few cakes and take them with me, I won't have to spend this money."

Yang Zhao picked up a bowl and put the spoon and chopsticks in the hot water. After scalding and washing the inside, he handed one pair to Wen Yu.

"What kind of food should I bring when I come to town? I don't come here very often. If I come here once in a while, it's just like a toothpaste."

Soon, the stall owner came over with two bowls of flat meat in bone soup. Oily flowers floated in the clear soup base, and emerald green coriander was dotted between the white flat meat. Even if you haven't tasted it yet, you can tell at a glance that the taste is unmistakable.

And Wen Yu's bowl not only contained oil stars, but also golden shredded eggs, which made the bowl of bone soup and flat meat even more attractive.

Looking at those egg shreds, Wen Yu was a little surprised, "Is this a fried egg pancake cut into shreds? As long as the second brother can eat enough, there is really no need to spend such money."

Yang Zhao ignored him and had already eaten two or three flatbreads. It's meat. Take a sip of it on a cold day, and I feel much better.

"Eat it while it's hot. The meat is flat and the skin is thin. Eat it slowly and it will melt."

He knew that Wen Yu had never eaten these before, so he deliberately deceived him.

Sure enough, when he heard that the flat food would melt, Wen Yu paused and began to eat. The taste was unprecedentedly delicious. At this moment, he had already forgotten the few pennies.

Just looking at the egg shreds in the bowl and Yang Zhao's empty clear soup, he picked up a handful and prepared to give it to Yang Zhao.

But his hand was held by the man, "Don't give it to me, you can eat it yourself. I can't

get used to the smell of eggs." Seeing that his face was cold and hard, and he didn't look like he was lying, as if he really didn't like the taste of eggs, Wen Yu felt... Shocked how could anyone not like eggs? !

Taking a bite of shredded eggs soaked in soup, his mouth was filled with the fragrance of oil and eggs, and Wen Yu was almost moved to tears.

The man always ate quickly, and when he saw the young husband starting to eat quietly, he swallowed the flat meat between his teeth in the bowl in three or five mouthfuls, and watched with interest as the young husband chewed slowly.

Seeing that he has a flat meat in his mouth, his pink and white cheeks are bulging out, like a squirrel, and he looks so cute that you want to poke him.

The man licked his sharp canine teeth, but finally resisted being mean and did not disturb the young man who was enjoying the delicious food.

After finishing the last sip of soup in the bowl, Wen Yu raised his head and looked into the man's smiling eyes. His face suddenly turned red and he licked the corners of his mouth that smelled of broth.

"It's indeed delicious. Thank you, Brother Yang."

Seeing his discomfort, Yang Zhao didn't say much, paid the money and took Wen Yu back to the back door of Du Mansion. Gao Liang seemed to have been waiting here for a long time. When he saw them, As soon as the car turned around from the alley, he stood up and waited.

The carriage stopped slowly. Wen Yu got out of the car and stood next to Yang Zhao. He looked at Gao Liang who had asked people to move a lot of black coarse cloth and white cloth, as well as two little hens...

After the servants had all left, He took out a deed and handed it to Wen Yu.

"This is the deed. As long as the young man signs it, it will be fine." At this point, he seemed to have thought of something, glanced at Yang Zhao, and then said, "You can also press the fingerprints." He

pressed the fingerprints in a daze . , Wen Yu was still a little confused until he left the city gate.

"Why did they give back the chicken?"

Yang Zhao didn't answer any more along the way, and was busy packing up everything when he got home.

...

It is reasonable to give materials for making shoes, but what does it mean to give chickens?

As the sky darkened, Wen Yu hugged the newly bought Tang Pozi and looked at the two little hens in the chicken coop in the main room.

Yang Zhao raised his hand and rubbed the tip of his nose, "When I was selling leather, I mentioned to the owner that I wanted to exchange for two pullets."

Thinking of what Aunt Zhang said before, Wen Yu turned his head and looked at the man, "It's to give Shall I take care of myself?"

The man did not cover up and nodded lightly.

Originally, he thought that he might see Wen Yu's moved eyes, or his admiring eyes.

But the young man was unusually quiet, slowly turning his head and continuing to look at the chickens in the cage.

From Yang Zhao's perspective, the expression on Wen Yu's face could not be clearly seen.

Were you moved to tears?

Before Yang Zhao could step forward to comfort him, he saw that the young man's face was white and his eyes were even misty. If you look carefully, you can see some uneasiness and fear.

For a moment, Yang Zhao was pinned to the spot by his gaze. He couldn't understand why he suddenly felt sad?

Wen Yu looked at him with watery eyes, and pushed the doubts that had been lingering in his heart for a day to his lips.

"You, do you want to make me fat before you eat me?"