Chapter 22

After moving in, Wen Yu realized that the large woodshed and utility room were built by Yang Yang in order to hunt big prey. Sometimes the prey caught may not be dead, and they were kept in the woodshed. Just go down the mountain and sell it in a few days.

At the moment, there is nothing inside except piles of firewood, which can be used to put dead branches.

Yang Zhao dragged the branch into the door, and Wen Yu quickly closed the door of the woodshed that opened outward, blocking out the wind and snow.

"Go to the main room to rest first and then come over to chop firewood."

He helped Yang Zhao take off his raincoat, and then they returned to the warm main room and pushed a bowl of hot ginger soup in front of Yang Zhao.

"Hurry up and drink some."

After drinking the ginger soup, he felt warm again. Yang Zhao turned his head and looked at the man sitting on the other side of the table, holding the soles of his shoes. He smiled stupidly and didn't know what he was thinking.

The man's gaze was too hot. Wen Yu knew that he was looking at her from the beginning, but now she couldn't resist his gaze and glared at him with red cheeks.

"Watch what I do."

Yang Zhao put down the bowl in his hand, "I finally know how to marry a husband, and I just want to look at you. Besides, you are so handsome, you are just for your husband to see."

Wen Yu looked at the man in surprise, why was this man talking nonsense in broad daylight? He blushed and panicked, picked up his fabrics and needlework, and fled back to the back room.

A man's joyful laughter came from the main room. Wen Yu held the soles of his shoes for a while before he recovered. The sound of chopping wood in the woodshed could also be heard in his ears.

On a snowy day, both of them were at home. Wen Yu luckily didn't miss his work, but Yang Zhao couldn't take any time off. He sighed when he looked at the snow outside the door.

Fortunately, we still have the pheasants and hares we hunted before, and there are even a few fish in the tank. There are also two frozen fish hanging from the eaves outside.

The husband's health needs to be replenished, and he cannot be treated too harshly even if it snows.

Thinking of this, he went to the utility room and took out a small stone mill. Wen Yu kept working on it and glanced at the man who was painting the stone mill.

"What is the second brother going to do?"

"It's cold, let's make fish head and tofu soup." Yang Zhao was brushing the dishes while thinking about what to eat for lunch and dinner.

I don't know why, the current situation is obviously not good, and they may go hungry at any time due to heavy snowfall, but Wen Yu just feels that this moment and this room bring him too much happiness.

Wen Yu had never made tofu, and when he saw Yang Zhao soaking beans and grinding stone mills, he would take his eyes away from his needlework from time to time to take a look at what Yang Zhao was doing.

In fact, Yang Zhao has never made tofu, but he saw his father and Aunt Zhang making it, and he thought about the steps he had seen and the tips that Aunt Zhang always talked about.

The beans soaked for a while, and Yang Zhao pinched them. When he felt that they were soaked, he moved the stone mill to the wooden bench, turned the handle of the stone mill with one hand, and scooped up the soaked beans in the water with the other.

Wen Yu curiously stopped what he was doing and looked at it. After a few turns, white bean foam was produced. Looking at the bean foam that was about to overflow in the stone trough, Wen Yu quickly held the wooden spoon and guided it into the ready place. Nice bowl.

It looked interesting. Wen Yu looked at the man with a smile and said, "Second brother, let me grind for a while."

The stone mill didn't look too big, and Yang Zhao didn't want to use any force when turning it. He looked into his eyes eagerly. His eyes were filled with the light of expectation, and the hair on his head swayed happily and then fell down.

Yang Zhao smiled and said nothing maliciously, but just gave up his position.

Sitting in front of the stone mill, Wen Yu's excited cheeks were pink, imitating Yang Zhao's movements, holding the handle with one hand and scooping beans with a spoon in the other.

He pushed hard... pushed... and finally used the strength of his two hands to push the stone mill, and commanded Yang Zhao with gritted teeth.

"Second, second brother, go quickly and put the beans in."

Yang Zhao smiled and put a spoonful of beans with water. After three rounds, white bean foam came out, but after the fourth round, Wen Yu couldn't push it anymore. His little face turned red from suppressing it, and his hands began to shake.

"Go and have a rest. We'll wait for you to eat tofu later."

As if being pardoned, Wen Yu was no longer curious and playful. He immediately ran to the table and hugged his sewing basket slowly, his arms still trembling slightly.

Yang Zhao sat down as if he was playing, pushing the stone mill to spin quickly, and the bean foam fell into the bowl like running water. After he calmed down, Wen Yu loved needlework even more. This was his dojo.

With his curiosity satisfied, Wen Yu calmed down and took the soles of his shoes, until the aroma of beans wafted in. When he looked up, he saw Yang Zhao bringing a bowl of soy milk with a smile.

"The soy milk is in the pot. I'm afraid I won't be able to eat the fish head and tofu soup at noon. You can drink the soy milk first and then cook when the pot is free."

Sitting at home, Yang Zhao actually wasn't hungry. On the contrary, Yang Zhao hadn't been hungry for the past two days. Idlely, "I'm not hungry yet, second brother, don't worry."

The two of them each had a bowl of hot soy milk, smiled at each other, lowered their heads and savored the hard-won soy milk.

It was the first time for Wen Yu to drink soy milk. Yang Zhao also added a little brown sugar to him. Although it was not much, it was still sweet. His eyes widened with novelty and surprise on his face.

"Like it? I have a lot of beans at home. I can make it more often in the future."

"Well, it tastes good. The bean juice is very fragrant and has no fishy smell."

I thought the bean flavor would be strong, but when I drank it, the bean flavor overflowed in my mouth. No fishy smell.

There was a fire in the room, and the shoe uppers that had been painted with glutinous rice were all dry. After counting more than a dozen pairs of shoe soles made these days, Wen Yu began to cut off the uppers.

Before the work here was finished, Yang Zhao pushed open the door of the kitchen, and a stream of white hot air came out. He carefully walked towards this side holding a bowl.

Wen Yu quickly gathered up the cloth on the table and made room for him to put down the bowl.

The crystal-like fat was shaking in the bowl, and some sauce was sprinkled on it. "Try it." Yang Zhao looked at him expectantly.

He pinched the spoon handed to him by the other party, stirred it and mixed it thoroughly, then scooped up a mouthful. The tender and smooth food slid directly into his throat. Wen Yu had already entered his stomach before he even tasted the taste.

He looked at Yang Zhao with wide-eyed surprise. In the eyes of the other party's encouraging eyes, he scooped up another spoonful. This time he was more careful and felt the feeling and taste of the tofu in his mouth. It was delicious, smooth and tender. The aroma of beans makes people want to stop eating.

"Second brother, what is this? It's so delicious!"

Yang Zhao made the soup from pheasant soup and seasoned it with the chive flower sauce that Aunt Zhang gave him before.

"The tofu brain is tender right now. If you add more gypsum later, the tofu brain will no longer be tender. We have to wait for it to grow old and make tofu."

"Second brother is so awesome!" He praised sincerely. Looking at his admiring eyes, Yang Zhao chuckled and returned to the kitchen feeling a little uncomfortable.

After making tofu once, Yang Zhao also introduced her husband to more delicacies. Although the conditions in the mountains were limited and the taste was unsatisfactory, her husband praised him with bright eyes every time he ate it, and Yang Zhao's confidence also increased greatly.

The snow outside seemed to no longer exist, and the two of them lived a peaceful and heart-warming life in this world.

There were also a lot of new shoes made by Wen Yu on the kang. Yang Zhao took a look at them and said, "When the snow stops, we will go down the mountain to Du Mansion to complete the work."