Chapter 27

It is not unprecedented for a bandit to settle down, but the rest of the family has become a guarantor in disguise. As long as this person behaves inappropriately in the future, the whole family will be implicated.

Yang Zhao was able to return to the village generously, only because he was originally from Huailiu Village. His family had real estate and fields, and no one could say anything. But if there is no ancestral home and fields here, and outsiders want to settle down, they must have one. Guarantor.

It is precisely because of this that even if the villagers heard that these people had food, they still did not dare to accept it easily.

The child ate roasted sweet potatoes and was held by Uncle Zhang while pressing several acupuncture points, which were helpful in reducing fever.

The woman also devoured the roasted sweet potatoes in her hand, and only listened and said nothing from the beginning to the end. The other people around the fire were not in a hurry and waited for her quietly.

After finally finishing the sweet potato in her hand, the woman glanced sideways at the two men who looked somewhat similar, and then glanced at Yang Zhao.

"Are these two people?"

Yang Zhao nodded, "They are two brothers. Zhao Liang is the eldest brother and is 19 years old, and Zhao Dong is the younger brother and is 15 years old."

Looking at the two young men who were not very old, the woman He nodded slightly and said, "Sure, I'll make the decision. Follow me to the village chief and tell him that from now on you two will be my cousins. My family name was Zhao before I got married. Even if someone checks it, it makes sense."

The two brothers They looked at each other, stood up and bowed deeply to the woman, "Thank you very much, cousin. My two brothers will go and bring the things here. My brother-in-law will be hungry for a while."

The woman didn't take it seriously, nodded with a wry smile, and hugged her. The girl, who had already fallen asleep, walked towards her man.

Seeing them coming back after eating, the surrounding villagers began to waver, and each of them trembled and began to whisper with their family members.

But this was just the beginning. When they saw the Zhao brothers returning with food, cotton clothes and quilts, the shaken villagers got up and walked towards Yang Zhao and the others.

Late at night, almost every house of the villagers had a fire, and everyone was well fed. Wearing cotton clothes that they could not afford at home, they cuddled up and fell asleep in the cold wind.

Yang Zhao was surrounded by a wide quilt, holding the sleeping Wen Yu in his arms.

The Zhang family also slept extremely deeply. There was a strange aroma mixed with the firewood in the cold wind, but no one noticed it.

Several men who settled down separately walked towards Yang Zhao quietly after watching everyone around them sleeping.

"Second brother, the master has made arrangements. I want you to go over after arranging the things in your hands."

Yang Zhao gathered the quilt around him and raised his hands to cover Wen Yu's ears, although he knew that he could not hear anything at all now . I couldn't hear it, but I still blocked it subconsciously.

"I know, we'll go there after the Chinese New Year."

The men were stunned when they heard this, and then looked down at the person in Yang Zhao's arms, feeling a little speechless for a moment.

"Is it appropriate to take the second sister-in-law there...?" Yang Zhao hesitated after hearing this

, frowned and thought secretly, "It is indeed not appropriate. Brother Yu is a little weak and needs to be recuperated for a while, so don't rush over."

The surrounding area was completely quiet. Several people looked shocked but did not dare to say anything back.

"Remember to seize the time to dig tunnels in the beginning of spring. Don't delay the mission of Lixia."

"Yes!" Several people clasped their fists and accepted the order to retreat.

Although he had slept in the wilderness all night, Wen Yu had been held in Yang Zhao's arms and did not feel how cold he was. He was woken up early in the morning by the voice of someone not far away. The moment he opened his eyes, he was still a little cold. Can't react.

Looking at the ice and snow, and seeing everyone spending the night under cover, he gradually remembered what happened yesterday.

Yang Zhao hadn't slept yet, but just closed his eyes and took a nap. He noticed some movement in the person in his arms. He lowered his head and looked over, quietly facing the sleepy young man. The tail of his eyes were red and his eyes were watery. He looked confused and innocent. It's a newborn baby.

Suddenly his heart softened. At this moment, Yang Zhao just wanted to hold the baby in his arms and didn't want anyone to see it.

"Are you awake?"

"Yes." With a heavy sleepiness and a lazy and soft nasal voice, Yang Zhao wanted to rub the person into his own bones and blood at this moment.

But in the end, his rationality pulled him, but only reluctantly. After Wen Yu had breakfast, he decided to hide his lovely husband and not let those rough men see such a cute brother.

I originally planned to help everyone shovel the snow today, but was told by Yang Zhao to go back to the mountain.

"But now the village is short of manpower..." Wen Yu murmured.

"Your body is more important. If you fall ill now, it will only hinder everyone. Go back first. There are brothers of mine in the village. It will be a burden for us to stay."

Looking at those men's quick movements and their actions, there are rules and regulations. They didn't have the laziness of farm men. They moved quickly and in perfect harmony, as if they had been trained.

Wen Yu was a little confused, would the bandits also train soldiers?

No one would tell him the answer, but when the men learned that Yang Zhao was going to the mountains, they all put down their things and came to see him off.

One of them heard something and immediately took out a roll of red cloth from his body, "This is what the master...brother asked me to give to you, saying that you can use it."

Yang Zhao took the thing and squeezed it in his hand. Open it and see.

"Okay, bring him a thank you for me. Work hard and I'll come down after the New Year."

The thrilling day and night made people feel a little unreal. The way back to the mountain was mostly uphill, and Yang Zhao didn't care about Wen . Yu declined politely, picked him up and walked towards the hill steadily step by step.

Suddenly remembering something, Yang Zhao smiled and said, "It's time to feed the newly hatched ducks."

He would have forgotten about it if he didn't mention Wen Yu. He was walking in a hurry yesterday and only had time to put them in the basket and eat a mouthful of rice. Haven't had time to feed it yet.

Thinking of this, Wen Yu's face became more anxious, and he no longer blamed Yang Zhao for taking him back to the mountain.

Some people in the village at the foot of the mountain had food, but they were almost repaired in ten days. Many houses did not collapse and could be inhabited with a little repair. The collapsed houses were built with the help of everyone, using the collapsed materials for twenty days. The effort also built a new house.

But these are all things for later. Now everyone is looking forward to rebuilding their homes. Yang Zhao also carried his husband on his back, stepping on the snow step by step, and walked back leisurely.

Yang Zhao and Wen Yu returned to their home in the mountains. When the little ducks heard the noise, they began to shout at the top of their lungs. When they arrived at the gate, Yang Zhao kicked the snow in front of the door, opened the door and put the man down.

Because Yang Zhao kept sweeping the yard before, there wasn't much snow.

Wen Yu opened the door, and he breathed a sigh of relief at the completely different temperature from outside.

Fortunately, before going out, they burned a basin of charcoal to warm the house. Now that the charcoal fire was gone, the house was not too cold.

Wen Yu hurriedly ran to the basket and watched the fluffy little ducks shouting at him one by one. They were so cute that he wanted to pick them up and kiss them.

After getting a bowl of water for the little ducks, and watching them drink water, Yang Zhao came over with duck food mixed with cornmeal and wild vegetables from the hot spring.

The little duck suddenly looked at Yang Zhao as if he were seeing his own mother.

Suddenly, a weak cry came from the inner room, and Wen Yu heard that there was an unhatched egg on the kang!

"Second brother! Another one has appeared."

But this one is really too weak, and the small one looks like it can't survive.

But Wen Yu still didn't give up. He cooked a small bowl of corn mush and fed it bit by bit with bamboo slices.

He had just finished his work here, feeding all the ducklings. Yang Zhao had also prepared lunch for the two of them in the kitchen. Wen Yu had been hungry for a long time. During this time, he was fed by Yang Zhao. Last night The food we ate at the foot of the mountain was not delicious, so I was not full from beginning to end.

At this moment, smelling the fragrant smell of rice and meat, he swallowed subconsciously.

Sitting at the table and looking at the clear soup in front of him, "Second brother, what is this?"

Yang Zhao wiped his hands, sat down, glanced at the bowl in front of Wen Yu, and said calmly: "Ginseng soup. "

What?" Wen Yu looked at the bowl of soup in disbelief.