Chapter 36

On the fourteenth day of the first lunar month, Yang Zhao took Wen Yu to the town to do some shopping. The fifteenth day was the Reunion Festival, so we had to celebrate it well.

He was dragging a cart, on which were neatly stacked the shoes collected these days. Each pair was well-made. There were large and small shoes in the cart, with five different sizes, almost suitable for men's feet of different sizes.

I had already entered the city today, and Gao Liang was waiting at the back door as usual.

Seeing the cart parked in front of him, his eyes lit up as he stared at the shoes on it, "So many?!" He

didn't even bother to chat with Yang Zhao, and immediately called people over and started walking towards the house, counting people while moving them. Wen Yu hadn't been here for half a month, but as soon as he entered Du Mansion, Wen Yu noticed a slightly different atmosphere.

There seemed to be more people in the mansion, and they all had solemn faces with a cold and murderous air, which frightened him so much that he didn't dare to look at them. Everyone in the mansion was walking in a hurry, and every step was windy.

Many of them even had swords around their waists, and none of them looked like ordinary nursing homes.

The only thing that hasn't changed is Gao Liang's gentle smile and his unhurried demeanor, otherwise Wen Yu would have suspected that something had happened to Du Mansion.

Gao Liang took the two of them to the side hall, laughing and talking as they walked.

"Two escort teams have returned in the past two days. The master is discussing things with them. They are very busy. You don't have to go there."

This was said to Yang Zhao. The three of them sat down and the little maid came up with refreshments as usual. After putting it down, he hurriedly retreated.

Yang Zhao took the tea and asked quietly: "The escort team in the capital has returned. I heard last time that they went back. Is the business over there easy?"

Gao Liang smiled and said, "After all, the emperor is under the feet of the emperor." , except for the stricter inspection, the business is quite smooth. Now it is not the season and it is the New Year. I think by the end of summer and the beginning of autumn, the business should be very smooth."

After saying this, there was silence in the side hall. He didn't speak again. Just when Wen Yu felt a little uneasy, he broke the silence with a bright smile.

"I heard from my brother some time ago that the young man wants to take over the bunting job?"

Today, in addition to handing over some shoes, I came here to ask about making clothes.

"Yes, the village has been hit by a disaster, and everyone wants to make a living."

He called on the villagers to help make shoes. Gao Liang already knew that, and now he was not surprised to hear him say this, but his eyes were filled with excitement. Got some praise.

"I have to tell you something first. This year, we have recruited some new people in the house. As you all know, there is still a lot of demand, and it's best to do it as quickly as possible. You can't hold back one or two people. People are not given clothes and shoes every month, and there are suddenly so many people in the house to support, and the salary may not be as high as before."

Wen Yu nodded when he heard this, and was so nervous that he forgot to drink tea. Yang Zhao glanced at Gao Liang. , thinking that he was being showy when talking, he brought the tea to his husband's mouth.

"Drink some water and moisten your throat before we talk."

After taking a sip of tea, Wen Yu looked at the person opposite nervously, "How much does that piece of clothing cost?"

Gao Liang looked at their interaction and smiled, "It's still the same. , I can provide you with cloth at my house, eighty cents for a bundt."

This price is not low on the market, not to mention the fact that the owner produces the cloth.

"Okay, I want to try with less. If you think the workmanship is suitable, I will get more next time."

The workmanship is just an excuse, and he just wants to see how many people in the village can take over.

After the agreement was reached, Yang Zhao and Wen Yu also signed an agreement. Gao Liang asked someone to move a lot of cloth to the cart, but he took a look at the account book handed over by his subordinate. Turning to look at Yang Zhao.

"Do you want cash or banknotes?"

Banknotes? Wen Yu's dark and beautiful eyes widened slightly. How much did it cost? He actually wanted to give them a banknote.

Yang Zhao took the account book handed over by Gao Liang and glanced at it, "In cash."

They also had to pay wages to the people in the village, so they had to have enough money around.

After paying for the shoes, Gao Liang sent the two of them to the door, "Young gentleman, please work harder. The sooner the better, the more shoes and clothes the better. If you don't have enough fabric, come to the house to get it."

"Okay, I will. I'll do my best."

After leaving the alley of the Du family, Wen Yu was a little nervous holding fifty taels of silver, for fear of being robbed accidentally.

These fifty taels were all earned by him. The more he thought about Wen Yu, the happier he felt. For a moment, he felt that now might be the peak of his life.

After cutting the meat and buying some snacks, Yang Zhao even bought sesame candy and some glutinous rice flour.

"Second brother, why did you buy these?"

"I'll make glutinous rice balls for you on the 15th tomorrow."

It was just noon on the way back. Wen Yu was holding a bag of fried sugar cakes and eating them. He gave Yang Zhao a bite, and he took another bite. .

"Second brother, please eat more, or I'll eat them all."

Yang Zhao smiled, "I'm not hungry. I'll be home soon. I'll cook glutinous rice balls for you."

Some people eat dumplings on the fifteenth day of the first lunar month . Eating glutinous rice balls, Yang Zhao was lucky enough to eat glutinous rice balls once when he was traveling abroad. Seeing that his husband loves sweets, he thought of making glutinous rice balls for him on his fifteenth day.

"Liar! You're the one pulling the cart back and forth. How can you not be hungry when you're so tired?"

Seeing that the young man became bolder day by day, and now dared to glare at him coquettishly, the smile on Yang Zhao's face became even brighter. Big.

"Your husband and I still have this little strength. I'm really not hungry. You eat..."

Before he could finish his words, Yang Zhao suddenly stopped and his thick sword-shaped eyebrows furrowed.

"Noble... Noble, please give us a bite to eat."

Suddenly there was a voice from the official road leading to the village. Wen Yu looked back and saw nothing, thinking that he heard wrongly, but Yang Zhao He stopped and looked towards the chasm beside him.

Only then did Wen Yu discover an unkempt woman holding a sleeping little girl in her arms, looking at them eagerly.

"My lord, give up your mouth and eat. My daughter is starving to death. Please..."

She begged weakly, holding the baby girl in her arms and kneeling down.

Wen Yu looked at the mother and daughter, remembering the days when he and his mother depended on each other. His nose felt a little sour, and he walked towards the two of them holding the remaining half-sugar cake in his hand.

Just when he was about to reach out to the other party, Yang Zhao suddenly grabbed his arm and looked around with wary eyes. Wen Yu was a little confused at first, but following Yang Zhao's gaze, he vaguely looked around. In the distance, there seemed to be someone lying down.

It's just that it's too far away, so I can't see it clearly.

The man leaned close to Wen Yu's ear and whispered: "It's useless for you to give it to her. Mother and son won't be able to eat it. The hungry people will rob her of food like madmen. I'm afraid that we will also be in trouble by then."

Although Wen Yu was still a little confused in his mind, he felt that since he said this, it must make sense, so he withdrew his hand that was about to reach out, and looked at the thin mother's desperate eyes. What was in his heart? Can't bear it.

"But...them, they really won't last long."

Yang Zhao glanced sideways at his husband, "Want to help them?"

Wen Yu nodded gently. He sometimes thought, if his mother was here, What will happen when you meet Yang Zhao? If someone had appeared to help them at that time, their mother would not have to die.

He thought about many what-ifs, and now two people appeared in front of him who looked very much like himself and his mother. He wanted to be the "what-if" for the mother and daughter, even if he only helped them once.

Seeing that he really wanted to help the mother and daughter, and the little girl was really taking in less air and outgoing more, I was afraid she wouldn't be able to wait until he could think of a way to save her.

The man glanced at the almost invisible pregnancy mole on his husband's forehead, and suddenly had a funny idea.

"Will Yu'er be a bad guy?"

Wen Yu looked at him with some confusion. Why should he be a bad guy?

"If you want to save them two, follow me and learn to be a bandit!"