Chapter 61

One month later, Dong Hu's army was completely wiped out, but most of the people defected to Yan Zhao's army. Whether it was the imperial court or Du Huaizhangfang, the number of casualties was not high.

But this was a great shame and humiliation for the court. The number of prisoners was greater than the number of people killed in battle, which was even more disgusting than a clean death.

Similarly, for Yanzhao Army, it can be said that they became famous in one battle. Not only a few cities knew their name, but almost everyone in the country did not know the majesty of an insurgent army that defeated the imperial court.

More and more people are joining this team, and the number of people is unprecedented. Even the women and men in Huailiu Village and Shangbei Village, thousands of miles away, feel very stressed. They thought the clothes and shoes they made were enough, but The message came back and asked them to hurry up.

The villagers of Huailiu Village are no longer the poor people who get excited for a long time even with ten cents. Now ten cents is just drizzle to them, but flies are still meat even though they are small. Moreover, today, they Not even working for ten cents.

They are honored because they are the backing of Yanzhao Army.

The total number of people caused Yanzhao's army to be filled with black murderous intent. In the next month, almost no soldiers were dispatched. The soldiers who could not see the end were scared away from the two cities. Prefect.

Wang Dewang, who was over sixty years old, was forced to go into battle again. With silver hair, he stood majestically on the city wall, looking at the darkness coming from the east...

"Hey, the black clouds are so heavy that they are threatening to destroy the city. Today, this The sky is very cloudy, I'm afraid it's going to rain, so it's not suitable for fighting. Let's open the city gate."

The military advisor, who was over fifty years old, shook his feather fan with one hand and stroked his beard with the other and nodded slightly.

"Hey, it's cloudy and dark clouds are coming. I remember that my mother was still drying the beans at home. I have to go back quickly to tell her to collect the beans." After that, he pointed to the officers and soldiers guarding the city next to him and said, "After you open the city gate, "Hurry up and go home to take shelter from the rain."

After saying that, the two of them took off their armor, one went home to find my mother, and the other angrily wrote a letter in blood, the content of which was to urge His Majesty to abdicate the throne quickly and give way to others, and maybe save his life. .

As soon as this incident came out, several prefectures around the capital were trembling, and people were in panic all day long. People were everywhere fleeing to seek refuge with relatives. The ministers in the Jinluan Palace knelt on the ground, begging His Majesty to open the city gates and surrender, so as not to People were killed and injured due to the war.

Knowing that his fate was over, the Dog Emperor issued an edict and resigned as emperor. However, he did not want to be a prisoner, and a white silk ribbon ended his absurd and unjust career as emperor.

Many royalists were worried that Du Huaizhang would target them after taking office, so they consciously packed up their bedrolls and fled with their families.

Hundreds of thousands of troops could not enter the capital and could only camp temporarily outside the city. Yang Zhao and his husband entered the city in a carriage. This was the first time for the two of them to come to Beijing, and everything was new.

It's just that the scene at this moment is not as beautiful as imagined. People are running away everywhere. Wen Yu is lying on the car window, looking at the people running away in panic, thinking that only the people in Beijing have seen the image of Yan Zhaojun. Met the God of Plague.

"If you don't do bad things, you won't be afraid of ghosts knocking on your door. Look at the common people wearing coarse linen clothes and see who is running by. If you take a closer look at those people who pretend to be common people and run away, they are so valuable."

With Yang Zhao's reminder, Only then did Wen Yu realize that those people who were in a hurry were actually rich people. Even though they looked simple in their clothes, the clothes were made of brocade and silk. Although their hair was worn with single hair accessories, they all looked like simple and priceless valuables. .

Suddenly Wen Yu's eyes flashed, and he stared at one place for a long time, unable to regain his consciousness. Just as the carriage continued to move forward and was about to go around that place, Wen Yu quickly patted the door frame.

"Stop, stop the car quickly."

"What's wrong?"

Yang Zhao, who was sitting opposite him, looked out the window in confusion. Apart from the people running away and the scattered debris on the ground, he didn't see anything strange.

Wen Yu didn't care to say more, opened the car curtain and jumped out. Although Yang Zhao didn't know why, he was worried that Wen Yu also jumped out of the car. At the foot of the chaotic crowd, sat a one-year-old baby. The doll is holding a gray leather bundle in its hand.

"Whose child is this? Whose child is this?!"

There were countless people coming and going, but no one cared whose child it was, and no one even looked in the direction he was pointing.

Seeing that the child was almost stepped on, Wen Yu ignored the people coming against the current and bent down to pick up the child. However, before he could straighten up, he was hit by someone and fell to one side.

Wen Yu's heart skipped a beat. If he fell down now, not only would the child in his arms be thrown, but he might also be trampled on.

Fortunately, a big hand grasped his waist and brought him into that warm and strong embrace.

"You must also ensure your own comfort when saving people. There is no room for any recklessness, otherwise not only will you not be able to save people, but you will also hurt yourself."

Wen Yu knew that he was in the wrong, and stuck out his tongue with a guilty look on his face, lowering his eyes to look at the baby in his arms. .

The child seemed to be frightened. He was burying his head in his arms. His little shoulders were twitching, telling the two strangers that he was crying heartbrokenly.

Looking at the panicked crowd around him, Yang Zhao frowned and said, "Get in the car first and then settle down the rest."

Du Huaizhang and his people had already entered the palace. Yang Zhao and others did not have a house in the capital, although Du Huaizhang Before leaving, he said that they could find an unmanned mansion in the capital to stay.

Many officials from the capital were scared away when the army arrived, and the house was already ownerless, but Yang Zhao and Wen Yu discussed it and stayed in an inn.

Fortunately for Xu Wentian, he was alone and stayed with Du Huaizhang. It was not a problem to spend two nights in the palace, but the other soldiers were not suitable to enter the palace. Zhu Leng and others also followed Yang Zhao to the inn.

Everyone saw what Yang Zhao said and did along the way, and they also saw Yang Zhao's consideration. Everyone is not a fool. At this point, everyone knows how to write a law-abiding person.

Many inns were the private property of those eunuchs. When the owner ran away, the innkeepers and innkeepers also ran away. When the people left the building empty, Yang Zhao and others did not need anyone to wait on them. They each found a room to live in. Zhao Liang and Zhao Dong led the soldiers to boil water.

Wen Yu entered the room holding the child who was crying until he hiccupped.

"Do you know whose child you are?" A child this old should start learning to speak.

The little guy's eyes were swollen to walnuts from crying, and his vision was a little blurry. His nose was also red, and he even cried so hard that he was held in Wen Yu's arms. His little head was tilted back, as if his neck was unable to resist. That huge head.

It was the first time he saw such a small and cute doll. While he was softened by the doll, he felt pitiful and heartbroken at the same time.

"Grandpa, grandpa..."

The little guy mumbled all the way, and he could only say this. He could only call him grandpa, and he was willing to say even one more word.

Liang Dong came in with a bowl of boiled goat's milk. "Madam, the general asked his subordinates to bring goat's milk. A message was sent from the palace just now, asking him to come into the palace."

There is nothing strange about this Wen Yu. It is estimated that Yang Zhao will be there recently. Very busy.

"Put it here, let it cool down and then feed it to him. You can help me get a basin of warm water and wipe the child's face."

"Madam, if you have anything to do, just give me instructions. There is no need to be polite to my subordinates."

The warm water was brought. Wen Yu put down the baby and prepared to wash and wipe his face with the handkerchief. He just stood up with the handkerchief, but before he even took a step, he felt a pulling sensation behind him.

He looked back and saw that the little baby who was crying just now was trying his best to widen his eyes and forcefully put on a flattering smile.

Somehow, Wen Yu instantly understood what he meant. Don't throw the child away. It seemed that he was scared. He was afraid of being thrown away again, so he started to use clumsy ways to please others.

Wen Yu felt a dull pain in his heart, and raised his hand to rub the little guy's head, "I won't leave, I'll wash your handkerchief and wipe your face."

However, the little guy is extremely uneasy now, and he is too young to understand He couldn't help but still tugged on his clothes, smiling stiffly, tears welling up in his eyes, but he didn't dare to raise his hands to wipe them away, pretending that he wasn't crying.

Helpless, Wen Yu could only hold him with one hand and push a stool to the washstand with the other. He put the little guy on the stool, wet the handkerchief and gently wiped his face.

The little guy's smile, which was visible to the naked eye, became much more natural. After washing his face, he sat next to the bed with the baby in his arms. There was some milk that was hot in his mouth just now. Now the temperature was just right. I fed it to the little guy little by little with a bamboo spoon.

At first, he didn't like to eat it, but after drinking five or six spoons, the little guy seemed to have finally awakened his appetite and started to drink milk eagerly.

The little guy finished the small bowl of goat's milk in a short time. Wen Yu touched his round belly to confirm that he was full, and then he hugged the child and coaxed him softly.

"What's your name, little guy? Do you still remember who is in your family?"

This time the child seemed to understand what he said, and he felt better after eating and drinking. He clapped his hands happily, "Grandpa!"

Wen Yu rubbed his forehead helplessly in his heart again. This child has never been here, and no matter how they ask, they only hear these two words. The key is that they don't know who the child's grandfather is.

"Okay, then you follow us for now. When your grandpa comes to find you, you can follow us home."

After running all the way, Wen Yu was a little tired. Seeing that the little guy was full but sleepy, he simply took off his coat and I pulled the quilt and hugged the little guy and slept.

Yang Zhaofengchen came out of the palace and hurried towards the inn, fearing that her squeamish husband would not be used to living in a strange place and would not be able to eat well.

When he entered the inn, he learned that Wen Yu hadn't eaten since he entered. He turned around and went to the kitchen. After taking a look at the ingredients available in the kitchen, he immediately directed Zhao Liang to start making a few bowls of wontons.

He took two bowls upstairs and they were shared among the other people staying at the inn.

Pushing open the door, the room was quiet, as if there was no one in the room. Fortunately, Yang Zhao's ears were strong and he heard the breathing of one large and one small in the room.

At first I was stunned when I heard it, but then I remembered that the two of them had picked up a child halfway.

He put down the two bowls of wontons in his hands and walked to the bedside to take a look at the big boy and the small boy who were cuddling together. They both had red cheeks from sleeping. For some reason, Yang Zhao had the guts to go home and see his wife and children on the hot bed. a feeling of.

My heart felt soft, and the corners of my eyes and eyebrows were as gentle as water.

Perhaps his gaze was too direct. The sleeping man frowned in discomfort. He rubbed his eyes and turned to look behind him. Suddenly he met the man's gentle gaze. Wen Yu felt a little embarrassed and turned to look at the man who was still sleeping. Child, get up carefully.

"You're back? What time is it now? Is there anything going on in the palace?"

Wen Yu slowly got out of bed and tidied up his clothes. Yang Zhao tucked the child on the bed into bed, stepped back to the table and waved his hand to Wen Yu. Yu went over to eat.

"It's nothing, just let me and my brother arrange the city defense, and then count the soldiers, how many are willing to stay, and how many want to go back to their hometowns. All the money that needs to be paid will be paid, and the soldiers will be arranged. , and then there is Du... His Majesty decided to make me Uncle Cheng'en. The former Zhenyuan Marquis Mansion is ready-made, which saves money on reconstruction. If there is anything that needs to be built, just report it directly to the Ministry of Industry. "