Chapter 43

In the main room, after Wen Dafu heard what Wen Yu said, he instantly slid from his chair to the ground, knelt in front of Wen Yu, cried and kowtowed.

"Nephew, it's my uncle who's sorry for you in this life. He almost killed you before, and now... now again... it's my uncle who's sorry for you. I'm sorry for your father's care for me. I'm sorry for you."

Kowtow to Xu Shi. Unable to get rid of the guilt in his heart, Wen Dafu knelt down, raised his left and right hands together, and slapped himself repeatedly.

Seeing him so warm, Yu's heart felt as if he had fallen into an ice cave. He knew that Yang Zhao was probably going to be in a lot of dangers. The blood on the face of a person who was not considered evil at first was now gone.

His fingers were trembling. In order to control himself, Wen Yu slowly clenched his fists, trying desperately to keep himself awake and not be carried away.

"Why do you know about this?"

As a person close to Yang Zhao, he didn't know about this. Maybe it was his carelessness, but how could Wen Dafu know?

Hearing his question, Wen Dafu's raised hand froze in mid-air. His red and swollen face was smeared with tears and snot. He glanced at Wen Yu guiltily and met Wen Yu's angry eyes. He closed his eyes resignedly. Blinded.

"Liu Cuihua, it's all her! She doesn't want to see you well, and she spends all her time guessing when your life gets better."

Who would have thought that she would actually make guesses like this.

"Guessing?" Wen Yu sneered, his dark eyes filled with icy coldness.

If Aunt Zhang or Yang Zhao were here, they would definitely notice his expression. They have already imitated Yang Zhao's expression and expression 80% to 90%.

Wen Dafu said with a sad face, "Yes, she just made random guesses when she had nothing to do. Today when you went to town during the day, she went with you. She lied to me and said she would go back to her parents' house. But she didn't come back until it was dark. I didn't know until I asked her when I got home. , She not only went, but also went to the Yamen to sue the Du family. Although the officials didn't say anything at the time, the more I thought about it, the more wrong it became, so I rushed to find her, but... it was still a step too late

. Before he finished speaking, Zhang Qiao helped Aunt Zhang push open the courtyard door that was not closed. Seeing Wen Dafu kneeling in front of Wen Yu, Aunt Zhang and Zhang Qiao stood there in surprise.

Hearing the movement, Wen Yu looked outside and happened to meet Zhang Qiao's eyes.

"There's something going on in the town. It's noisy. Yang Zhao asked me to ride back and guard you."

He was a man. It would be inappropriate for him to be alone with a lonely Shuang'er. But there was a lot of chaos outside. Yang Zhao entrusted him with the task, so he could only Come with me.

When he heard that he had met Yang Zhao, Wen Yu's eyes lit up and he immediately stood up and came to the two of them.

"How is the second brother now? What's the situation in the town now?"

Although Zhang Qiao was assigned a relatively safe job, everyone who works knows what Du Fu is like. It was only a few days before he went to study. , the first lesson they learn is secrecy.

Those who failed the assessment were dismissed, and the remaining people began to slowly come into contact with things deep in the "Du Mansion".

"The town is in chaos right now. No one is allowed to leave the city except us. The second brother asked me to tell you, don't worry, he will be back tomorrow morning. He asked you to eat early and don't wait for him tonight."

This matter . It was impossible to cover it up in the Zhang family. When Zhang Qiao came back, he gave a general summary of what Yang Zhao had done. Although Uncle Zhang and Aunt Zhang were still immersed in shock, they immediately thought about how to comfort Wen Yu.

When she heard Zhang Qiao talk about things in the town again, Aunt Zhang was not more surprised. Instead, she was thoughtful enough to hear Yang Zhao's worries.

"It's so late, Brother Yu, haven't you eaten yet?"

Yang Zhao, who was familiar with Yang Zhao's family, went to the kitchen and looked at the rice warming in the pot, and knew that the child hadn't eaten a bite.

"No matter what it is, let's eat first and then talk about it. If you don't understand something, just wait until Yang Zhao comes back tomorrow and ask him. It's not a problem for you to sit here and wait."

Zhang Qiao helped Aunt Zhang put the food on the table. , seeing that Wen Yu still looked like he didn't want to eat, he smiled.

"I came all the way back and didn't eat either."

Wen Yu was stunned after hearing this, with an apology on his face, and hurriedly took care of Aunt Zhang and Zhang Qiao to eat.

Three of the four people in the room were sitting at the dining table. Wen Dafu was still kneeling on the ground crying. Wen Yu took a deep breath and looked at his red and swollen face to suppress his anger.

"Come over and have something to eat too."

Aunt Zhang glanced sideways at Wen Dafu and said, "Come over if I ask you to come over. Your nephew didn't beat you out because his father is such a younger brother. If it were different, If you were someone else, someone would have killed you long ago."

Aunt Zhang didn't know why Wen Dafu was here, but she knew everything about what Wen Dafu had done to Wen Yu before.

Wen Yu had no appetite, and neither did Wen Dafu. After drinking half a bowl of porridge, the tears in his eyes had not dissipated, so he wiped his eyes.

"When I get back, I'll find someone to write a letter of divorce and abandon Liu Cuihua."

Zhang Qiao, who was busy eating, and Aunt Zhang, who was helping Wen Yu pick up the vegetables, looked at Wen Dafu in unison.

Aunt Zhang was the first to react. She almost killed her nephew Wen Dafu before but had no reaction. What she did this time must be more serious than before.

"Wen Dafu, Wen Dafu, what have you done to your nephew this time?!"

Wen Yu, who had been silent all this time, replied before him: "Liu Cuihua went to the government to report the Du family, which implicated the second brother."

"What?! "

Aunt Zhang and Zhang Qiao both stood up in shock. Zhang Qiao looked at Wen Dafu with a look that looked like he wanted to cut the man into pieces.

Because he was literate and had Yang Zhao's connection, the work assigned to him was relatively safe and easy. However, all he came into contact with were letters, and he could also come into contact with some information unintentionally. Zhang Qiao knew that Huailiu Village It's really a good thing. The world outside is in dire straits. Today's imperial court is more deadly than gangsters. Many people have not lost their lives due to natural disasters, but they have not survived for years because of the corruption of the imperial court.

It was also because of knowing this that Zhang Qiao supported the actions of Yang Zhao and his group even more. What was the use of the court keeping the people as slaves to the common people!

He grabbed Wen Dafu by the collar, and his eyes seemed to spit out fire to burn Wen Dafu to death.

Wen Yu suddenly reached out and held down Zhang Qiao's arm.

"Brother Zhang, now is not the time. If Yang Zhao is injured in the slightest, this will be his last meal. Just wait."

The person who has always been gentle can say this, and it can be seen that he is also very angry. Aunt Zhang He also held down Zhang Qiao's arm.

"We will wait until Erlang comes back. For the sake of his conscience, let him live for a few more hours."

The people in the Yang family were waiting impatiently, and the town seemed to be in dire straits.

The common people were so frightened that they closed their doors tightly and listened to what was going on outside. From time to time, there were sounds of killing, and women and children were so frightened that they cried silently.

The county magistrate of Anyang City did not expect that what Liu Cuihua said was true. He just wanted to make money and took the opportunity to beat the Du family and let him know that a powerful dragon could not defeat a local snake. He just wanted to give him a little sweetness.

Who would have thought that if he kicked the iron plate, the other party would not show any filial piety. He even said no, but it was not too late for the other party to start this fight unilaterally, as if he had been waiting for this day for a long time.

The county magistrate listened to the commotion outside and the reports of the war from time to time by the government officials. He was ready to strangle Liu Cuihua. If the shrew hadn't broken in to report the news, he would have been promoted to a wealthy land in the south after staying here for another six months. .

I never thought that the last step would solve such a big problem.

The county magistrate was sitting in the lobby, thinking about what he wanted to talk to Du Huaizhang about. He had no right to know what happened today. Even if he wanted to rebel, could he wait until he left? !

However, the Du family gave him no room for negotiation and led his men directly to the county government office.

The sky gradually brightened, and the town finally slowly returned to calm. However, the people were frightened all night. Even if it was time to go out to work, no one dared to go out now. There was no sound of killing, but urgent and violent sounds continued to be heard. Xu's footsteps sounded like a small group of people passing by in a hurry.

In Huailiu Village, Wen Yu waited all night. At dawn, he could no longer sit still. He held the courtyard door and looked towards the head of the village.

Uncle Zhang and Mrs. Zhang Wang came to Yang's house before dawn. Seeing that no one had made breakfast, Uncle Zhang took his son to cook and asked Aunt Zhang and his daughter-in-law to accompany him.

"Mr. Wen, please go and sit in the room. It's cold this morning. If you get cold, Yang Zhao will be angry."

Wen Yu tightened his tight cotton clothes, "Sister-in-law and aunt, please come in and have a rest ." Well, you stayed up all night with me. I'm not sleepy now, so I just want to be here quietly."

Seeing that she couldn't persuade him, Aunt Zhang helped her daughter-in-law go back to the house and sit down. She was expecting to give birth in the next few days, and her body was getting worse every day. She was heavier than ever before, and Aunt Zhang was sometimes frightened when she looked at her big belly.

Just when Wen Yu was about to change his clothes and go to see the town, he saw a small black dot from a distance at the entrance of the village. The small black dot was a bit big, did not look like a person, and moved very fast.

When Wen Yu was wondering what it was, he vaguely saw that it was a man on a horse.

The other person galloped all the way. Wen Yu's eyes gradually blurred, and large drops of tears fell down his cheeks. As the person gradually approached, he wiped the water droplets from his eyes and moved toward the person riding the horse. People ran away.

"Second brother!"

Before the affairs in the town were settled, and as soon as the matters at hand were settled, he found a horse and rode back quickly, just because he was worried that his husband would be waiting anxiously at home.

As soon as he entered the village, he saw a figure standing by the gate of his house. He knew who it was without having to think about it. He felt warm and distressed in his heart and spurred his horse to run faster.

When he arrived at the door of his house, he was worried that the horse would hurt his husband, so he jumped off the horse and trotted to meet his husband.

"Why are you standing at the door so early?"

After saying this, he raised the chin of the person in his arms, and saw Wen Yu's eyes were pale green, and his heart tightened.

"Didn't you sleep all night?"

Wen Yu hugged him, feeling his pretended heart, and placed his ear against his heart. The deafening heartbeat seemed to comfort Wen Yu.

"How can I rest assured if you are not at home?"