Chapter 16

The falling waterfall stirs up water, and you can feel the water vapor in the air even before you get close.

Under the waterfall are pools connected one after another. Some pools are blue-green, some are emerald green, and some are directly blue and make people want to get close to them.

Wen Yu, who grew up in the village, had never seen such a scene before and was immediately stunned.

Looking at the man beside him, for a moment, Wen Yu thought that Yang Zhao might not be a human, but a fairy in the mountains. When he was about to die, he turned into a mortal and saved him, and then brought him to this fairyland-like place. .

"In spring, there are wild flowers all over the mountains and plains here. It's much more beautiful than this."

In Yang Zhao's eyes, the scenery in front of him is too ordinary and there is nothing worth seeing. The flowers blooming around him in spring and summer make people feel that there is something to see. .

Looking around the pond, Wen Yu imagined the scene of flowers all over the ground, and suddenly he didn't want to go down the mountain anymore. He just wanted to stay here forever.

After waiting for others to watch, Yang Zhao suddenly reached out and took Wen Yu's hand, helping him step on the stones by the water, crossed the stream at his feet, and came to the largest pool under the waterfall.

The water in the pool was clear. Although it was a bit deep, standing on the shore, one could still vaguely see the fish swimming in the water. Looking across the pool at the dark figures at the bottom, Wen Yu's eyes widened but he did not dare to make any unnecessary noise.

As if afraid of scaring the slowly swimming fish.

"They will sink to the bottom of the water when it's cold and won't easily swim to the surface."

This made Wen Yu worried, how to make the fish swim up? How to catch those fish?

Didn't you say that the fish here are all stupid?

Instead, Yang Zhao took out a net bag without haste. He arranged the shape of the net bag and slowly sank it into the water. Wen Yu picked up the stone by the water and looked around, and found a small piece of minced meat hanging under the net bag. .

The fish that were still swimming slowly, like wolves that smelled blood, accelerated their swimming speed and headed towards the net.

Seeing this scene, Wen Yu became more and more nervous and even breathed softly, for fear of making any noise to scare away the fish.

While observing the movements of the fish, Yang Zhao slowly pulled the net up. The fish approached the water surface unknowingly and looked at the minced meat in the net bag. He only wanted to go in and eat it, without realizing where he was.

Suddenly, Yang Zhao took advantage of the situation and suddenly lifted up the net bag. Two of the three fish that were originally surrounding the net bag ran away in panic. Only one unlucky fish fell into the net bag and was picked up by Yang Zhao.

Looking at the lively fish in the fishing net, Wen Yu jumped excitedly on the ground.

Yang Zhao, who had always been timid and timid, could express his joy so generously. Yang Zhao was relieved. He originally wanted to make a meal that would be enough for him to eat, but seeing that his husband was so happy, he ordered: "Give me the bucket. "

When the two came over, they were carrying a wooden bucket, but they were worried that the fish would be too big to be caught in the net.

It just came in handy at this moment. Yang Zhao added some water to the bucket, threw the fish in, and then sank the net bag with minced meat under the water again.

The fish in the bucket swung its tail uneasily, and cold water splashed on Wen Yu's face. Yang Zhao pulled his sleeve and wiped his face.

"The fish in the water were frightened just now and didn't dare to come close for a while. Let's wait."

Wen Yu was not in a hurry, nodded with a smile, and continued to look down at the fish in the bucket.

"This time I will catch two more and keep them in the tank in the West House. When I go to the mountain in two days, you can make fish soup at home."

This is also the reason why he suddenly changed his mind and caught two more.

When he was around, Wen Yu could catch whatever he wanted to eat, but if he wasn't at home, there wouldn't be much for Wen Yu to eat. He was so weak that he couldn't just drink porridge and eat sauerkraut all the time.

The smile on the face of the person who was quite happy at first faded a bit after hearing this.

"How many days will it take to return?" Wen Yu didn't know if he didn't give him a date.

A person who has always been used to freedom was suddenly asked about his return date, and he couldn't say anything for a moment. He looked sideways at the husband who had lost his smile, and Yang Zhao raised his hand to rub the tip of his nose.

"Three days at most. If nothing else happens, I will spend the night outside and return in the evening the next day." It

was the first time he took his husband into the mountains and the first time they were separated. Yang Zhao wanted to give the other party a process of adaptation, but he couldn't do it all at once. I haven't seen anyone for three to five days since I came up.

Thinking about it from his perspective, if he were left alone in a strange place, he would probably feel uneasy.

Hearing what he said, Wen Yu slowly let out a breath. In two days and one night, Yang Zhao shouldn't be able to walk too far. He couldn't travel at night. He would be back in the evening of the next day, which would be in the nearby mountains.

Although he was supposed to go for three days at most, Yang Zhao went to the mountains twice in the two days before leaving. He caught a lot of rabbits and pheasants, the number of fish in the water tank also increased from two to five, and the firewood was piled high on the ground. High.

"Everything is almost ready. I'm thinking of leaving tomorrow."

Yang Zhao suddenly said while the two were having dinner at noon.

After several days of mental preparation, Wen Yu was no longer so worried. When he learned that he was leaving tomorrow, there didn't seem to be anything strange on Wen Yu's face.

"Then bake some pancakes this afternoon, and you can take them with you to eat in the mountains."

Yang Zhao nodded slightly, "I still have corn pancakes at home, so I'll bring those as well. No need to bother."

He had always brought some cold dry food when he went into the mountains before. I never prepared food specially.

Wen Yu didn't think so. It was so hard to go into the mountains. If he didn't eat well, he wouldn't have the strength to cross the mountains.

While taking a nap, when he heard the steady breathing of the person behind him, Wen Yu quietly sat up, put on his cotton coat and went to the kitchen.

He couldn't sleep at noon, thinking that although the pancakes were easy to carry, they would become dry and hard when cold. There was no stove in the mountains for Yang Zhao to steam the pancakes, and it would be difficult to eat them dry.

It's better to make some hot bread, which has dough and meat and vegetable fillings, and won't dry out even if it gets cold.

The rabbit meat was mixed with the radish given by Aunt Zhang, and Wen Yu quietly made sixteen hot buns in the kitchen.

Yang Zhao vaguely heard some noises, opened his eyes in a daze, and found that the young husband was no longer on the kang. When he came out of the bedroom with his clothes on, he saw busy figures in the kitchen.

The big fat bun looked at Yang Zhao with his eyes widened, and his heart felt like he had been soaked in hot water, bubbling.

When she got up early the next day, Yang Zhao carried the big buns made by her husband on her back. With a smile on her lips, she gently tucked her husband into bed and left the small courtyard quietly.

When the sun came out and Wen Yu opened his eyes, Yang Zhao was no longer in the house. There was warm water in the washbasin and hot food in the pot.

Yang Zhao only took away twelve steamed buns, leaving four for Wen Yu to steam and heat. He also cooked a vat of white porridge with a stewed egg still warm in the pot.

Ever since the chicken came back, Wen Yu has been able to eat an egg every day.

Obviously when Yang Zhao was around, he was still a little uncomfortable. Sometimes when Yang Zhao glared at him, he was still a little afraid of him. But now that he was not at home, he suddenly felt that something was missing. Everything was deserted and unpopular.

The sun was just right. After dinner, he took the charcoal pot to the yard to bask in the sun and started busy making shoes.

Of course, the first pair of shoes was not to fulfill the Du family's order, but was made by him for Yang Zhao. Although the two of them had cotton-padded clothes, the shoes on their feet were single shoes, and there was a lot of cloth and cotton. It's enough for shoes and clothes.

Now that he had new cloth to make clothes, Wen Yu took apart his patched clothes and put them in the soles of his shoes. It was just right to use old clothes to make shoes.

Lowering his head to do needlework doesn't seem like physical work, but sitting for a long time is still very tiring. He put one hand on the back of his neck and turned his head. His eyes were a little dry. He put down the shoe he had made in his hand, stood up and opened the courtyard door. Looking out into the distance.

The green woods made the eyes soothed just looking at them. A gust of cold wind blew by, making Wen Yu shiver from the cold. He turned around and was about to go back to the house, but he caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye and stopped immediately.

"Oil beads?!"