Chapter 24

Huailiu Village seemed to have disappeared overnight. Looking from the hillside, there was no one there, let alone the houses and fields, which seemed to be filled with snow in an instant.

Walking near the village, the white snow and soil mixed together, and Wen Yu didn't know where he stood for a moment.

Many trees on the side of the hillside collapsed and broken, exposing dark soil and snarling tree roots.

If it weren't for the dazzling white, Wen Yu would have doubted whether the "rain" was too heavy and a mudslide occurred...

Looking around, he saw a figure struggling to dig in the snow. If he looked carefully, there were many people digging around. , those wailing sounds came intermittently from the snow.

The path they took up the mountain disappeared and was smoothed over by mud and snow. Wen Yu held on to the fallen tree trunk and carefully walked down. The loose soil would slip when he stepped on it. Wen Yu's feet were unsteady and he fell to the ground. Along with the sliding soil, it rolled down.

The raincoat on his body fell apart in the tumbling. He hurriedly reached out and grabbed a tree root that passed by. Then he stopped and took a breath. He got up and ran towards Yang Zhao carefully.

Wen Yu glanced at the seven or eight rough-faced men in the snow and didn't dare to look at them. His eyes quickly locked on Yang Zhao. Looking at his cold-red hands, his heart twitched, but he quickly suppressed it. Feeling uncomfortable, he quickly started to help dig with his hands and feet.

"Where's Aunt Zhang?" Wen Yu asked in a loud voice due to the heavy wind and snow.

Yang Zhao watched him dig, frowning but not moving. He glanced around and soon saw an abandoned shovel.

"Use this to push aside the snow on top. Be careful of people under the snow."

In order not to hurt anyone, Yang Zhao did not dig with tools, but Wen Yu couldn't stand the cold, so he was assigned the task of pushing away the top layer of snow.

"We should be at the Zhang family's yard."

The surrounding area was completely unrecognizable. Wen Yu didn't know how he judged the location. Hearing this, he could only dig with red eyes, shoveling it down one shovel after another, like endless snow. Nothing was seen.

Wen Yu didn't know when his face was covered with tears, and his blurred vision made him all white and chilling.

But whether it was luck or misfortune, Wen Yu heard a wailing sound as soon as he shoveled down the shovel, which scared him so much that he dropped the shovel in his hand without hesitation.

"Ouch! Ouch... Ouch." A familiar voice sounded. Wen Yu was so frightened that the snow in front of him began to squirm, and he couldn't stop crying.

Yang Zhao was beside him and naturally heard it. After confirming that the person who was wailing did not know Wen Yu, he lowered his head and looked at the snow in front of him. Seeing someone under the snow, he immediately knelt down and started digging.

Wen Yu, who was standing there stupidly, also realized what he was doing. He knelt down and dug with Yang Zhao. No one cared about the cold snow. He could no longer feel the pain from the cold on his fingers. He just wanted to dig out the person under the snow.

Aunt Zhang was pulled up while holding her butt. She was still a little dizzy when she suddenly stood up. She looked at Wen Yu and Yang Zhao in a daze.

"Are you...are you okay?" She immediately asked about their condition. Wen Yu felt a sore nose, wiped away her tears, and rushed over to hug Aunt Zhang.

"Aunt, luckily you're fine, you scared us to death."

After saying this, Aunt Zhang seemed to have come to her senses, realized what had happened, and shouted to Yang Zhao with a worried look on her face.

"Erlang, hurry up. My wife is by my side. The old man and Zhang Qiao are below."

At the moment the avalanche happened, Uncle Zhang and Zhang Qiao pushed the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law to the roof, so Aunt Zhang was not buried . Deep, but Uncle Zhang and Zhang Qiao are more dangerous.

The three of them started digging together, and sure enough, the Zhang family's daughter-in-law was soon dug out. After a while, the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law started digging together. It took the four of them a stick of incense to finally dig out the unconscious Uncle Zhang and the conscious Zhang Qiao. .

During this time, the men who helped dig people out also rescued many people one after another. More and more people began to join in the excavation, and more and more people were rescued. As evening approached, three people died in the entire village. Individuals, two octogenarians and a child less than three days old.

But every one of the rescued people was wailing. It was about to celebrate the New Year. Now, the whole family was gone. When you look up, there is snow. If you look at it too much and for a long time, your eyes will go blind.

The village chief sat on an exposed roof. He did not cry like the others, but he kept raising his hands to wipe the tears from his face.

Yang Zhao exchanged a few words with the men who were helping to poach people, and then those people also left.

He came to the village chief and called "Uncle."

The village chief subconsciously went to get the cigarette rod, but remembered that the cigarette rod was thrown under the snow, he clicked his lips irritably and sighed.

"Fortunately, I have you, Yang Zhao. You saved the whole village." As he said this, he couldn't hold back his crying anymore and stood up, pretending to kowtow to Yang Zhao on behalf of the whole village.

The man grabbed the village chief's arm, and Wen Yu came to the two of them. "If people can dig it out, they should be able to dig it out as well."

Yang Zhao nodded, agreeing with Wen Yu's statement. The village chief cried a few times to vent his anger, wiped his cold red face slowly, and turned to the villagers behind him.

"Okay, what's the use of crying?! It's okay for women to cry. Why are you old men crying? Hurry up and dig your own food. If the house falls down, you can still build it. If you die, there will be nothing."

Although Everyone was still a little frightened, and many people were even injured, but they gritted their teeth and started digging for what they could find at home.

A young woman walked towards the village chief with red eyes, somewhat resentful in her heart.

"There is a natural disaster in the village. You should not report it to the government. At least let the court come to provide relief. I am a widow and unemployed. That damn ghost left me three houses before he left. Now the house is gone. I, I am I can't live!"

She cried and cried, looking a bit like a shrew.

The village chief paced back and forth with his hands behind his back angrily, "The court? The government? They can't protect themselves now. It would be nice if they don't come to suck our blood. Do you still expect them to save you?"

This is true. The arrest of young men has been a big issue in the village recently. It's also been rumored a lot, and although it hasn't actually happened yet, it's already causing people to panic.

The woman sat on the ground and cried softly. She was not just making a fuss. For a widow with no children, her land and house were all gone, and her life was indeed difficult.

People who were full of energy just now began to despair. Many people stopped what they were doing and squatted in the snow and cried.

Yang Zhao had been watching from the side, and when he saw that people were quiet, he walked forward with a smile, stood beside the village chief, and looked at everyone in the village.

"Folks should know that the Sa family used to be a bandit, and I won't hide it from everyone now. I, Yang Zhao, have been a bandit, not only in the past but also now. But everyone also knows that I am married now and don't want to do anything else. Regarding the matter of killing, I have several brothers here who want to wash their hands of the problem. However, due to their status, no village is willing to accept them. If the villagers are willing to accept them to settle down in our village, they are willing to help everyone repair their houses and If we share our own food with everyone, it won't be a problem to survive this winter on a tight budget."