Chapter 6

~Muhammad's POV~

"Muhammad, I'm telling you this because I love you." Mami says as I sit on the couch in her room. "I know you loved Maryam, but think about Inayah."

"Inayah has you and Asma." I say.

"We aren't enough. She needs a mother. Someone to call her own, that will take care of her. You need a wife Muhammad." She grabs onto my hand and stares me down.

I know why she's saying this. I know. And I want Inayah to have everything, because she deserves it, but how can I get married to another woman. Share a house and a bed with another woman. My life. I can't do it but that isn't what Mami wants to hear.

"I'll think about it." I tell her as I give her one of my rare smiles.

"Please do, okay?" She says and I nod at her.

"I still have to go to the office. Abba sent some things from the UK." I tell her as I stand.

"Ya jikin Usman?" She asks. (How is Usman's health?)

"It's getting worse. I might have to travel soon to go see him with Inayah and besides I have a meeting there in like a month. He likes seeing his granddaughter." I shrug my shoulders trying to work off the tension I get when I talk about Maryam's dad.

"That's good of you. Ka kyauta." Mami pats my cheek.

"I'll be on my way." I kiss her cheek and walk out the door.

Immediately I do, I hear Inayah scream my name as she runs towards me. God I love her. Every tension leaves my shoulders the moment I hear her voice as she jumps into my arms. She shows me her hair that is in this complicated but pretty style.

"It's pretty, princess." I tell her and kiss her forehead.

"Anty Deena did it for me." She tells me with a big smile on her face as she points behind her.

Madeenah stands there looking at us with a small smile. God, I can't stop staring at her. She's so short as she stands a few feet from me. I know I look at her a lot and I also know that she knows. She glances at what she's wearing making me also look at her. She's in this big t-shirt that reaches her mid-thighs with some pants and a scarf she tied on her head. I've never seen her out of a hijab or those her long dresses. Why does it tempt me more when she's like this? I turn away from her.

"Did you say thank you?" I ask Inayah.

"Yes I did. Anty Deena?" Inayah turns to look at her, getting a small smile in return.

For some reason I can't take my eyes off her the moment I get a chance not to. I don't know what it is but she has this thing about her that makes it hard to look away. I hear her reply to Inayah but it goes over my head.

"Daddy say thank you." Inayah tries to whisper but doesn't do a good job of it. Why does she always put me in these types of positions. "Daddy." She frowns.

"Thank you." I say to Madeenah.

"Nicer." Inayah demands.

I barely resist the urge to roll my eyes before softening my tone. "Thank you." I catch Madeenah smirking but she quickly stops when I notice her. It almost makes me chuckle.