CHAPTER 97: Merry Christmas And Happy Birthday Ellie

{Ellie Todoroki}

{THE NEXT MORNING - HEIGHTS ALLIANCE}

"Wow. Pro Hero level work mere minutes after earning his provisional license! This morning, we welcome a student from UA. He recently took down some rampaging villains in the city, Katsuki Bakugo. What a pleasure it is to join us" the news reporter said.

Tch...

"So, what's it like during your training, huh?" the news reporter said.

"Does it look that that way to you?" Bakugo said.

{MR AIZAWA'S HOMEROOM}

I was heading towards my seat in class when everyone was on their phones.

"Ok, next question" the news reporter said.

"He was interviewed for an entire hour but Bakugo's answers were trashed!" Kaminari said with a laugh.

"Why did they cut me out?" Bakugo said as he was gritting his teeth.

"They did kinda did him a big favor" Uraraka said.

"And he already done two interviews before this one" Yaoyorozu said.

"So much for raking up any good press over that throw down" Jiro said.

"He is newly minted but this student is reliable. It is my sincere hope that he would be able to help actual pros in  the future. We must not have a repeat of what happened in Deika City..." the news reporter said as Midoriya, Eijiro and Shoto came up to me.

"Hey Ellie, happy birthday" Midoriya said as he handed me his present.

"Happy birthday Ellie" Shoto said as he handed me his present too.

"Happy birthday pebble" Eijiro said as he handed me his present as well.

"Thanks guys" I said.

"Not so fast kids. It may look like there is a renewed love of heroes. But think about why? The world is on fire and everyone is scared. Are people cheering for the pros they have got ample faith in? Or are they praying desperately we do not get our buttons kicked? Our jobs has been more about celebrity in past years. Now the world wants to see real heroes again" Mt Lady said.

"Whoa, Mt Lady..." the boys said.

"Mt Lady has dropped by as a guest instructor. She will teach you on how to deal with publicity and Midnight is here to assist her" Mr Aizawa said before falling asleep in his sleeping bag.

"What publicity? I keep getting cut!" Bakugo said, really annoyed.

"Today's lesson is Media 101, taught by an active pro and obscenely gorgeous hot commodity named 'me'. The perfect person to show you on how to behave like savvy heroes" Mt Lady said.

"I have no idea what we are going to be doing but let's do our best and go plus ultra you guys!" Eijiro said.

"Yeah!" the class said in unison.

"In today's class, all of you will be practicing hero interviews!" Mt Lady said.

"Yay!" Eijiro said with a wink.

"Shoto, my dear...you are up first" she said with a slight wave.

"Ok" Shoto said as he walked up onto the stage.

{SHOTO's INTERVIEW}

"My goodness! You were amazing out there!" she said.

"Wait...what are you talking about?" Shoto asked.