Chapter 22

Mitch's POV

1:45 am

I quickly got out of my car as soon as I parked it in front of the apartment. I could hear thunder in the distance so I knew a storm had to be rolling in soon.

I walked up to the door and knocked. Hoping she would be awake at this late hour. The door opened up.

"Mitch? Hey...what are you doing here?" Kirstie asked.

"Can I stay here? Just for tonight?" I know it was probably weird for your friend to randomly show up asking to sleep over at one on the morning, but I was desperate. I was pissed.

"Um.." She looked down at the over night bag I held in my hand. But she smirked and stepped to the side as she gestured my way in.

"Thank you so much, Kirstie."
Kirstie closed the door behind me as I walked inside and sat on her couch. Olaf walked over to me and let me pet him.
"Where's Jeremy?" I asked as I scratched the cute dog behind his ear.

She put her TV on mute before she took the seat next to me. "He's visiting his family in Colorado for about a week." Olaf gave her a quick lick on her knee and she giggled.

"So Mitch," she crossed her legs and propped her head up on her hand on the back of the couch, looking at me. "You know I love seeing you, but...why are you here?"

I suddenly felt bad for coming over without and future notice. She was wearing a pair of comfy athletic booty shorts along with our old Martin High School Choir t-shirt. She was probably just about to go to bed before I knocked on her door.

"I'm sorry." I started to get up from my spot on the couch but she wrapped her hands around my arm to stop me.
"No, no Mitch. It's really no problem. Just tell me what's wrong."

I looked at her, reluctantly.
"Are you sure?"

She sat up a little straighter. "I will stay up all night if I have too. Just tell me what's on your mind."

I sat back again as I watched Olaf walk over to his bed on the floor and lay down.
"Okay..well. Scott went behind my back."

Kirstie's facial features had suddenly completely changed.
"W-what do you mean?"

I moved my whole body to face her, lazily propping my leg up on the couch underneath me.
"Kirst, he used the Ouija Board.
After I specifically told him not too."

She looked down, for some reason, it seemed like she had trouble looking me in the eyes. I continued ranting, anyway.

"I just don't understand. It shouldn't of even been in our house in the first place! I told him to give it back to Kevin, but no. He has to get it out and cause more trouble. He knows how I feel about the issue. And he doesn't even-"

"Mitch, calm down. Maybe there was a method to his madness. Look at it from his side of things."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "Um, if the tables where turned, I would have actually listened to my boyfriend who is scared of ghosts and dropped the issue from the very beginning. I don't know what kind of inconsiderate asshole would just go behind someone's back and-"

"I did it too, Mitch!" She interrupted. All I could do was stare at her. "What?"

She sighed. "All of us did. Scott,
Avi, Kevin and I. It was a few days ago when you went out for coffee."

I stood up, trying to keep my cool. "Are you serious? Why would you guys do that to me?"

She stood up as well. "Mitch, calm down. It's seriously not what you think, will you just listen to me for one second?"

I could tell she was starting to get irritated with me now. I sat back down without a word.

"Thank you." She huffed as she sat back down.
"Now, what exactly did Scott tell you."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know. All I remember is that he told me he messed with the board but that's when I started going off on him. He kept trying to say something else but I wouldn't listen." I was frantically moving my hands around as I talked.

"So...he didn't tell you what it said.." Her voice got really quiet. I shook my head no.

"He tried, but I told him I couldn't care less what it said."

She had a weird knowing look on her face. It was like she knew something that I didn't.

"Kirst?"

She just hummed in acknowledgment as she kept her eyes averted from mine.

The room was quiet for a while.

"Kirstie...what did it say? Did it say it wanted something?"

Silence. All she could do was nod.

"Talk to me, Maldonado. What did it say it wanted?" I was starting to get scared.

She finally looked up at me and spoke softly.

"Mitch....it wants you."

-----------
Authors Note

Hey babes, thank you so much on the awesome feedback! You are the reason I keep writing.
Please click that little star if you liked this chapter... And please leave more comments about what you thought!

Oh, and question.....
Are you ready to get spooked?

***Next chapter coming (maybe)semi-soon........