Chapter 24

"Call Scott."

"Are you sure?" Kirstie asked with worry.

I shook my head. "No...but I know I need too.

"Okay...Stay here, I'll go call him."

"No!" I quickly grabbed her wrist when she stood so she couldn't walk away. "Please, don't leave me here by myself."

"Then come on!" She helped me up and we went to her room to call Scott.

-----
Scott POV

I tossed and turned in my bed. I couldn't stop worrying about Mitch. This is all my fault. I couldn't help the constant voices in my head that kept making my guilt rise like a wildfire.

You've messed up, big time.

He's never coming back to you, now.

There's a demon after him.

You're next.

You're going to burn in hell.

You'll never see him again.

Mitch is going to die and there is nothing you can do to save him-

I woke up with a start to my phone buzzing wildly next to me. I checked the time on my phone before I answered. It was almost five in the morning.

"Kirstie?"

Her voice sounded frightened on the other line.

"Scott! Thank god."

"Hey, is Mitch okay?"

"Yeah, well...no, not exactly."

I felt my heart beat fast as I could hear Mitch taking the phone from her.

"Scott! Scott, I'm so sorry." I heard him start to violently sob. It was sort of hard to understand him.
"Please Scott, babe please come over here. I need you."

I quickly got up to pull on some shoes. "Okay, babe, I'll get there as soon as I can. Just hang tight."

"Thank you, Scott." I heard him hang up the phone before I quickly pulled on a shirt, grabbed my keys and wallet, and headed out the door to my car.

---

Mitch POV

Kirstie and I quickly got up from her couch as soon as we heard a knock on her door.
She stood on her tiptoes to look through her peephole.
"Oh, thank God."

She quickly opened the door and Scott stepped inside, sounding out of breath. "Hey, is everything alright?"

"Scott!" I rushed over to him and hugged him as tight as I could, burying my face in his chest. "Scott, I'm so sorry Scott." My speech sounded incoherent due to my ugly sobs. My tears were probably staining his shirt.

Scott held me close and talked softly in my ear. "Babe, it's okay. Everything is alright."

"No, no it's not, I'm sorry. I should've believed you."

I could see Kirstie standing next to us at the corner of my eye. Apparently she had been crying too, not as bad as me, but there were tears. She had her hands covering her mouth.

"No, Mitch. I'm sorry. I shouldn't of gone behind your back."

As I finally calmed down a little, I took a small step back from Scott and wiped some tears away from my eyes.

Scott looked at me and Kirstie as she tossed her arm around my shoulders. He glanced behind us at the kitchen where everything was trashed and broken on the floor. "What happened?"

I sniffled before answering. "I was in bed and I got up to close my door that I could have swore was closed...then I heard noises in the kitchen..and before I know it, everything just slams open and shuts.." My words trailed off as the scary memory flashed through my mind. Another tear was free falling down my cheek.

Scott's eyes were wide. "Oh my god... Mitch, we need to call a demonologist," he said as he took his phone out of his pocket. I quickly stopped him and wrapped my hand around his wrist. "Scott, no."

He looked at me in disbelief. "Mitch, are you kidding? Why not?"

I looked him in the eyes. "I don't want to make it mad."

"Mitch-"

"Please, Scott. Not yet. I want to wait."

It took him a minute before he sighed and put his phone back in his pocket as I let go of his wrist.

"Let me at least drive you home...I don't want something to happen to you."

"No...I'm afraid. Can I stay here?" I looked at Kirstie.

She nodded sympathetically. "Of course. Scott, you can stay with him, if you'd like."

I held Scott's hand. "Please, Scott? I don't want to sleep alone."

He brought me in for a hug.
"Of course I'll stay."

Scott's POV

I will not let anyone, or anything hurt my Mitch.

----

A/N

Shit's about to go down.