𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭 | 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗗

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⋄ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀.⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ✴︎
⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⁎ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀✧

TRACK 2: NOT ALLOWED - TV GIRL

"all by yourself, sitting alone...

... i hope we're still friends, i hope you don't mind."

sunday, july 15th, 2018.

CHURCH THAT SUNDAY WAS... AWKWARD. MORE THAN AWKWARD. IT WAS TENSE. Cameron didn't talk to Paige, Paige didn't talk to Cameron. Their families must've noticed. They wouldn't even look in each other's direction.

Klaus could tell this was bad.

Paige and Cameron sat next to each other every Sunday. They still did, but they didn't say a single word each other from the start of mass, during mass when they had the time to, or after mass when they'd recap each other about their week, as if they didn't spend every living, breathing, waking moment together.

"Hey. What's up with you and Cam?" Klaus pulled Paige to the side as their families were talking, Cameron was busy talking to one of her hockey teammates— one of the people she'd chosen over Paige.

"Nothing."

"Dude—" Klaus scoffed. "You're pretty much my second sister, and she's my twin. Something's up with her, which doesn't happen often, unless if something's up with you, which means something's up with the both of you at the same time. Which means—"

"I get it, Klaus." Paige rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms, facing the taller blonde. He was waiting for an answer. She sighed, shaking her head. "She quit basketball."

"What?!" He said a little too loudly and everyone in the lobby looked over at them for a second, making Paige grab his arm and drag him outside.

"Yeah, dude. She quit. It has to do with your Dad."

Klaus fell quiet for a moment or two. "Of course it does. I know she would've picked one eventually, but not this early."

"Yeah, and it was supposed to be basketball. With me, at UConn."

Klaus gave her an apologetic gaze as their families began to walk out of the church now. They always went to brunch together too, as their families were so close. Paige didn't even want to be in the same room as her.

"I'll sit between you guys at brunch if that'll make things easier."

"Please do not put yourself in the middle of this. Literally, Klaus! Don't."

"Well, I'd prefer than over you two punishing each other for this."

"No one's punishing anyone." Paige rolled her eyes once more, Klaus began walking her to her car, as she was 16, and she could drive. Paige got into the driver's side, not expecting Klaus to still be with her. She heard him shout to everyone else that they needed to talk about a new basketball play, and such.

"No one's punishing anyone is such bullshit, P. You know that. You're pissed she picked a different sport, she's pissed she even had to pick, and you think she picked the wrong one."

For a 16 year old boy, he was very perceptive.

"It's not just that. She said she can't live in my shadow anymore and did what's best for her."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Oh."

"She's a really good hockey player, P. I think she'll go far." Klaus said after some silence as Paige drove to their usual restaurant.