𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟭 | 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗧𝗡𝗘𝗬

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⋄ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀.⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ✴︎
⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⁎ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀✧

TRACK 10: FEELING WHITNEY - POST MALONE

"show no emotion, against your coding, and just act as hard as you can, you don't need a friend, boy, you're the man.."

a random monday in february, 2022.

CAMERON CAN FINALLY PLAY AGAIN. In January, she was able to walk without crutches, but it wasn't any better. The boot felt like someone taped a cement brick to her foot. Emily told her she was being dramatic. Cameron hated wearing that stupid boot and she hoped that she never broke her foot ever again. Anything else she might be okay with, maybe a broken hand or an arm, but she'd eat a whole jar of olives rather than breaking her foot again.

Okay, maybe she was being a little dramatic.

The second she steps onto the ice for practice that afternoon, there's a lot stick taps and cheers for her. She's happy that her team is happy to see her. They were also in the playoffs, which she knew they'd make it just fine. They were so close to a Natty last year, it'd be insane if they just somehow fell off the next. It'd also be lame if everyone put the success of the team onto one person. Unlike the media, Cameron's pretty level headed. To the media, Cameron was either the reason the won or the reason they lost. Some people were saying that she should've played with a broken foot, others are saying that the team was better without her. Klaus said that it was all bullshit, and that they found ways to win in a very tough situation because that's what good teams do.

"I'm so happy you're back. Just in time for championship season. Coach is putting us on a line together for the rest of the season. We're gonna be unstoppable." Bek is the first to skate over to her and engulf her into a big hug. Cameron taps her helmet as she hugs her back. She's excited for the Hockey East Championship because she always plays her best hockey during that time.

"We're gonna crush it just like we did last year. Who's our winger?"

"You're not gonna like my answer." Bek says quietly between the both of them as they start skating around the rink to warm up. Cameron raises an eyebrow. Cameron usually centers with Bek as her left wing for tournaments, Bailey or Kingston was usually on their right wing.

"It's not Bailey or Knighter?"

"No. I tried protesting, I promise. Coach wouldn't fucking budge, man."

Cameron can play with anyone, whether if it was someone from the 4th line or if they had two completely skill sets and styles of play. She could mesh with anyone. It's rare that she doesn't. "Dude, who? Spit it out."

Bek is opens her mouth, but is interrupted when Cameron gets a helmet tap that's a little too hard for someone that just recovered from a concussion. She knows that harsh touch from anywhere. Coach would put her up with the one player and person she actually doesn't fuck with, on and off the ice. They're not even allowed to sit next to each other on the bus or at team dinners. It's only because this person constantly poked at Cameron to the point where Coach herself got sick of it.

"What's up, Arko? Look at what the cat dragged in." Cameron fights off a loud groan of annoyance as she rolls her eyes harder than ever. Jamie fucking Kazinsky was the only person in the world she actually couldn't play hockey with. This felt like a setup. Jamie shakes her head a little before patting her back, Cameron has to lightly shove her off as a warning.