𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟴 | 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗗

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⋄ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀.⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ✴︎
⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⁎ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀✧

TRACK 7: TIME TO PRETEND - MGMT

"this is our decision to live fast and die young, we've got the vision, now let's have some fun.."

mid-may 2021. (at the lake house).

KLAUS COMES BACK WITH 6 CASES OF BEER. And, with Georgia, Bek, Kingston and Bailey. Everyone shoots him a shocked look. He looks around the room with a brow raised. "What? You told me to get your friends! So I did."

"The beer was in the car before we were." Georgia shrugs with a smile on her face.

Cameron just shakes her head, knowing the beer will definitely be gone the end of their first week. The only person out of all of them who go out and actually get alcohol was Emily since she just turned 21. Emily knew what she signed up for when she agreed to come to Minnesota.

The sky was an orangish-blue hue as the sun had set about an hour and a half ago. Cameron found herself at the dock with her feet in the water whilst everyone else was at the fire pit. She said she'd be over in a little, but they all knew that actually wasn't true. Cameron tended to be by herself when night came rolling around, especially at the lake house when the stars were crystal clear and the sound of the water calmed her down. It was weird, though, not having Paige around this time of year. The spot next to her was empty because that's usually where Paige sat, always talking to her about how she could become an even better basketball player, or, these were the nights the usually talked about college, even if they were too young to care. The last summer they spent together here was when they were 16. The year they were 17, Cameron couldn't because she was off at some tournament. 18 was complicated so Klaus did his own thing that year. And this year, obviously, she wasn't here. It was weird.

Cameron didn't miss her, or maybe she tried to convince herself that she didn't, but it was still a weird and unfamiliar feeling. The crunch of gravel behind her took her out of her thought bubble, which she was thankful for. She tried her best not to think about Paige, but no matter what she did she was always in her head.

"I brought you a drink." She glanced up to see Hailey smiling down at her with a Twisted Tea in her hand. That was her favorite. Emily must've gotten them earlier when Cameron was busy with Klaus trying to fix their boat. There was nothing wrong with the boat, but just like their father, Klaus always insisted they did a routine check to make sure it wouldn't sink when everyone was on it.

"Thanks, Van Lith." Cameron returns the smile, cracking open the drink, putting the can to her lips as Hailey sits next to her.

"Your brother is telling some crazy stories at the fire. Also, Em is looking for you."

"I told her I'd be over in a bit. Plus.. it's better that she gets to know everyone else better. Besides you." She replied with a gentle shrug. "What's he talking about?"

"That summer we were here and he broke his arm playing football in the water." Hailey snorts as she puts her can to her lips.

Cameron laughs softly, shaking her head. "He was such an idiot. He almost didn't get to play for Germany that year."