𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗥.

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⋄ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀.⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ✴︎
⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⁎ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀✧

july, 2020.

A LOUD CRASH AWOKE CAMERON FROM HER SLUMBER. It sounded like someone was breaking into her dorm. It turned out to be her roommate. Cameron had been keeping up with the tournament here and there, but she didn't watch the games due to the unfortunate time zones. Cameron rolled out of bed with some urgency to see if her roommate was okay, because it honestly sounded like someone made a hole in their wall.

"Are you.. okay?" Cameron said slowly as she stepped out of their room and into their common area.

Her roommate made eye contact with her as she had one too many things in her hands. Her head peaked over the items she had in her hands, it was now easy for Cameron to see the blush of embarrassment that was spread across her cheeks. "I'm fine! Can you just-" Her eyes widened as her items started to fall from her hands, Cameron lunging forward to grab the hockey sticks. "Thanks."

Cameron made sure to prop open their door, making sure it was easy for her roommate to come in and out as she pleased.

Her roommate proceeded to just dump a bunch of her stuff on her side of the room, a shiny gold medal being put on her desk shortly after. Cameron assumes she won.

"Nice medal. Didn't look easy to win."

"Did you watch any of the games?"

"Just the highlights. Time zones."

"Right, right." Her roommate turns to her, smiling. "It's Cameron, right. Like, the, Cameron?"

Cameron makes a puzzled face before nodding. "You can just call me Cam, though. Or any nickname, really. It's nice to finally meet you, Bek. And what do you mean by the Cameron?"

"I wanted to know more about you before I got here so I searched up your name. You have insane basketball highlights from high school."

"Oh." Cameron cleared her throat as she scratched her neck. "Yeah, I used to play."

"You were really good. We're pretty lucky to have you as a Husky. Your hockey skill set is incredible."

"I can say the same about you. Your tourney highlights were insane, dude. You were robbed of the MVP, for sure."

Bek shrugs it off as whatever, but she definitely should've gotten best player of the tournament. "How come you quit basketball?" Is the next thing she asks as she begins to organize her side of the room.

Cameron goes to sit on her bed, trying to think of the best lie possible. "It's sort of a long story."

"We have all day, don't we?"

"You're telling me your dad made you quit basketball?!"

"Mhm. He said he wanted me to have my own spotlight. And that my basketball teammates could do fine without me." Cameron replied with a gentle shrug, she was over the whole thing. Kind of. "He also said my brother was better than me, which wasn't true."