𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮 | 𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗟 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗜𝗧

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⋄ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀.⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ✴︎
⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⁎ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀✧

TRACK 3: COOL ABOUT IT - BOYGENIUS

"wishin' you were kind enough to be cruel about it...

...telling' myself i can always
do without it."

friday, november 29th, 2019.

THE SILENCE THAT HUNG BETWEEN HER AND HER BROTHER WAS SOMETHING SHE'D NEVER FORGET. Cameron had just broke the news to Klaus about where she'd be going to college. Klaus was never the speechless type, either.

"I know you changed your mind about basketball, but I thought you would've come to UConn anyway. They have a hockey team." He spoke after about ten minutes. He was staring her down from the other side of their kitchen. Cameron felt a little lucky that there was an island between them.

"Their program is just okay. I'd still be a husky, Klaus. Don't make this more complicated than it already is."

"A Northeastern Husky. Not a UConn Husky like the rest of us."

"Klaus..."

He sighed, knowing he truly couldn't ever be mad at his sister, but that didn't mean he couldn't be a little upset. "You know I'll always support you, but, are you sure you're making the right decision? You'll be away from everyone. The people that love you."

"It's only an hour drive! I'll be okay."

"That's not what I meant," Klaus paused, Cameron could see the hurt in his eyes. That's all she'd been seeing lately— hurt in other's eyes whenever she spoke. She felt like anywhere she went a stormy grey cloud followed her everywhere. Her ex teammates, her ex coaches, and sometimes Paige, even if they were talking again. Cameron never missed a beat. "You'll be alone, Cam."

"Maybe that's what I need."

Klaus stopped talking after that, he just sighed once more and went back to his room, leaving Cameron by her lonesome in the kitchen. He didn't have to say it, but Klaus definitely thought she made the wrong choice.

————

later that day.

"You're going to Boston?" Cameron winced at Paige's words. Cameron felt as if she'd just undone everything, and that they were back a square one again, when Cameron told her she quit basketball. She stood in Paige's doorway, not daring to enter her room, fighting that being closer to the door was better than being boxed in with an angry Paige.

Paige didn't say anything else, she waited for an answer. Cameron swallowed and nodded. There was hurt and disbelief written all over her face, and it made Cameron wonder, again, if she made the wrong choice. The silence between them started to drown out with the sound of raindrops in the background, the sound of thunder booming shortly after. The rain only came down harder.

"Yeah." Her voice came out as whisper, as she didn't dare to look at Paige. She knew those icy blue eyes were going to haunt her forever.