𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟬 | 𝗖 𝗨 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⋄ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀.⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ✴︎
⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⁎ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀✧

TRACK 9: C U GIRL - STEVE LACY

"when you hear this song, feel flattered, it's about your face, and how i miss it and i wish that i could see it more.."

november 27th, 2021.

CAMERON COULDN'T BREATHE. For as hard as she tried to, she couldn't. The lights of the arena were so dizzying and blinding. She could feel her fingers and her toes, which was a good sign, but ultimately the entire arena around her was dead silent. She doesn't know what happened, nor can she really remember, it all happened so fast. She knew something was wrong because she couldn't get up. They were pretty much on a 11 game winning streak coming into this game against Princeton, if you don't count the tie that happened a few weeks prior in Providence. Cameron thinks it's her luck going against her again, because this would be the one game she gets hurt in front of a crowd that contains her friends, brother, and her parents. They said they'd make the trip to New Jersey with ease. It was the only weekend Cameron was able to see her parents. They weren't in the states for Northeastern's family weekend, but she didn't make a big deal about it.

She doesn't remember if she went down awkwardly because she was chasing after the puck and didn't keep her head up, or if she just got demolished under the force of a bone crushing hit from the opposing player. She was having a good game too, the game was 3-1 Northeastern, and she had 2 goals and one assist. She could only imagine what her father would be saying right now, how she should've kept her head up, which she did, and how she should've been more aware, which she was.

To be honest, it's hard to keep your balance and not go down to the ice incredibly hard when you're not only hit by one, but two players at the same time. Cameron feels herself being lifted on the ice by her teammates and probably the athletic therapist. It's fuzzy, muffled and it's covered by the ringing of her ears but she thinks she can hear the stick taps from the players, and a gentle applause from the crowed as she gets off the ice. The pain hits her now, she can't put any pressure on her left foot and her head is swimming. She doesn't get to see the ice again for the rest of the game.

The x-rays take a while— like— a while. They've already diagnosed her with a concussion which complicated things for her. She definitely wasn't allowed to play with a concussion. She sure as hell wasn't allowed to play with a broken foot either. The team doctor is nothing but sympathetic towards her, it's really unfortunate that she'd be out for a good month and half, maybe two if she was lucky is that the doctor told her. Cameron could play through an injury if they needed her to. It was never a good idea to do that, but she could if she wanted.

To: the best players on the team

u guys are gonna be sooooo mad

the finn
???

knighter
i agree with bek. ??????

the fake italian
cam wtf

i shouldn't even be texting 
my head hurts
but i'm out for at least.. two months if i'm lucky