Part 25

Yunlan and Wei returned together from the Enigma Room and opened their eyes to see the relief on the faces of their friends who were gathered around them while Apep moved to his resting position on Yunlan's arm. Wei made an attempt to sit up which caused several people to dive towards him and help, as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed.

"Guard Li, thank you. I will never forget what you have done for me during these past few days. If there is anything I can ever do for you, just ask."

Li beamed with pride before he knelt in a full salute with his hand over his heart and teleported back to the guards' room. Wei looked towards Yunlan who hadn't shown any signs of moving and he knew why.

"Chu my healing skill would help repair some of Yunlan's wounds, but he really needs to stay in bed and rest, to allow nature to work on them." Wei said as he stared towards Yunlan, letting him know that there was no option.

"Don't even try disagreeing with me. I know the amount of pain you are in and I won't be able to help for at least two days."

Chu and Ying both stepped forward to support Wei as he tried to stand. There was no mental connection to Yunlan's pain but his own muscles had taken a pounding in punishment and it would take a while before his bruising would recede. He was able to move slowly but with very stiff movements and was glad when he saw Ava return with a drink for Yunlan. She almost dropped it but quickly put it down before she moved towards Shen Wei, throwing her arms around him for a second before he moaned and she released him immediately and stepped back.

"Sore muscles Ava, I'm fine, cuddle gently please," and Wei laughed as she came nearer and held him loosely.

"Yunlan will be staying here in the medical room for a few days until his back is looking better, all the essential items needed to tend to his wounds are all in this room. Chu will be looking after him but could you help ... Ava?"

Wei asked, as he shook his head ... he desperately needed to sit down ... the room began to spin ... while everyone's voices were getting lower ... and they moved in slow motion ... then the darkness crept in ... while time seemed to stop .................

Shen Wei opened his eyes and managed to pick himself up from the floor. He'd fainted several times in his life but this was the first time as an adult and he immediately took his temperature to check that it wasn't an infection. In his profession, it looked bad when a doctor couldn't take care of himself, even if he was a psychiatrist. The last thing he needed today was a cold or anything else and he looked at the thermometer, perfect. He had a few bruised muscles, but he dismissed it as normal when you're a busy person and bump into things, he never really questioned himself on why he had so many, but they were healing fast.

Wei looked in the mirror, checking that he was smart enough, nothing looked out of place and he took his car today, hoping that he wouldn't need to produce his driving license because he didn't know where it was.