Part 23

Black Robe addressed the guards before they left, making sure that they knew the priority was to rescue Yunlan first and then deal with Ouyang Zhen whose army would be loyal to him, therefore he instructed his guards to do what was necessary to end this episode. The survivors would be sent to the homeworld for punishment and he suggested that they carry their dadao with two hidden butterfly swords. He looked towards Chu and Ying, nodding to them before he teleported everyone and they all appeared outside the main entrance to the inner square.

Black Robe walked steadily forward ready to do battle, as he listened to the shouts and the screams of the men who were fighting and being injured by one man, Zhao Yunlan who was fighting for his life. The eight men behind Black Robe stood mesmerised for a moment as this green fiery tornado fought with bravery at anyone foolish enough to get near him, while the whip spat toxic venom and killed every threat who was too close.

"Help him before he loses any more power, Chu get him out of here, Now."

The guards charged the fighters from behind while they were all occupied with Yunlan and they never saw their arrival. The distraction took them away from their main target, giving Yunlan the chance to rest while Chu approached and spoke to him.

"You're coming with me, no arguments, rest your flames."

Chu supported him on his right with Changcheng on his left while a guard teleported all three to the medical room, where Ava was waiting for him. They helped him to one of the beds and started to undress him for a better look at his injuries but without the green analgesic he felt every movement and couldn't hide his pain. Therefore Chu explained that he was going to put him to sleep while he examined him to find out what was wrong, and some green strings were placed around his neck and wrists, helping Chu and Ava to work faster.

Chu knew about some of the injuries but Ava didn't, and she was shocked to see the five open long scars where the whip had wounded him. The burn on his chest with the branding iron was seriously inflamed and needed to be cleaned and covered, so they balanced him on his side while Ava put a temporary dressing on his back and Chu worked on the burn injury. Once they were able to lie him in a more comfortable position, Ava cut away his trousers only to reveal the dark horrendous bruising to his legs where he had been kicked. Luckily no bones were broken but there was swelling around his knees and ankles, which had caused the majority of the pain in walking.

"How could they be so cruel, is Wei feeling all this?" Ava asked as she looked at Yunlan with terrible sadness.

"Yes he was for a while, however just now Black Robe has taken over and My Lord is asleep, but when he awakens he will feel everything, even the pain from any of our treatments, so it would be best to do whatever we can now."

It had been a very long time since Ava had seen Yunlan with injuries as severe as these and Wei had healed them, but he wouldn't be able to this time.

Changcheng had released his hold when Ava took over and he sat on the broad window ledge watching and staying out of the way while he was ignored. He was amazed at the love and care everyone had shown to this person whom he'd only met a few hours ago and several times he had been called My Lord. Who exactly was he that some people loved him and yet the psycho wanted him dead?