𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰

❝Seems to me, girl,You know I've done all I can

Seems to me, girl,
You know I've done all I can.
playing: [ᴇᴀꜱʏ]-
[ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏᴅᴏʀᴇꜱ]
0:29 ───ㅇ─────  4:16

I have been driving since we left, I was scared if I stopped anywhere we would be seen by cops. I remembered the words as Doc told me, I couldn't trust anyone and I sure as hell wasn't going to stay in a place for too long. I was still shaken up about last night, none of this felt real. 'This was all just a bad dream and none of this happened', is what I want to believe but I know I will never forget this.

Baby was out cold, he would toss or jolt a little bit he still wasn't awake yet, I was worried if he would ever hear me again. I just wanted him to be okay. While Baby was asleep I had a chance to listen to that tape he wanted so badly. It might've not have been gold, but I see why it would've been gold to him. It was his mother's, she had sung a cover to a songs and I'm guessing he's kept it ever since.

Know it sounds funny
But I just can't stand the pain.
Girl, I'm leaving you tomorrow,

She was good, really good. I heard a hard inhale and looked over at baby who seemed to regain consciousness.

He looked over at me, "What you doing?" He asked, he seemed worried.

"Hitting the road and listening to music." I smiled.

"Is this really your mom?" I asked, he looked at the radio then back at me. He seemed to have heard just the bits of me, but I was glad he could even hear some of me.

"Yeah." He admit.

Seems to me, girl,
You know I've done all I can.
You see, I begged, stole, and I borrowed, yeah, ooh.

"She's has a beautiful voice." I admit, and I couldn't help but smile.

"I know." He looked down at the speakers and placed his hand on it.

I think he was finally starting to hear, he looked over at me with a smile.

"Do you Like it?" Baby asked.

I looked over at him, "Yes. Yes I do." I smiled grabbing his hand into mine.

What was I doing driving into the horizon, with this strange kid you may ask? I still don't know. But somehow I just couldn't stay away, he wasn't strange, he had to have been the love that struck my life.

That's why I'm easy.
I'm easy like Sunday morning,
That's why I'm easy.

Baby beamed a small smile at me before looking out the window. I finally settle down, I don't know where I'm heading but it wasn't fast. This time we had all the time in the world. This was just an average sunday afternoon drive, not a getaway. It was peaceful to say the least. As the song settled into a soft and low tune, I got lost within the scenery and notice something's off. And that's when I heard it.

The Horns have returned and were blasting in the distance. I see them first and once they strike again Baby finally hears them too. He looks worried and so do I, my face completely dropped. I drove up and there had to be about 8 different cops causing road blocks. Each one of them had their guns to us, why couldn't they see that we weren't the bad guys?

I'm easy like Sunday morning

It's just Baby, me and the cops.

I checked my rear view to see if there were any cops behind me and they blocked off both ways, we were surrounded, there was no way out.

"I say we jump off the bridge and into the water." I looked at him sarcastically trying to lighten the mood.

He laughed to himself now looking into my eyes seriously, "I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something bad happened to you." He admit.

Why in the world would anybody put chains on me, yeah?
I've paid my dues to make it.
Everybody wants me to be,
What they want me to be.

"You have to stop worrying about me you know, I'll be okay." I assured grabbing his hand.

We looked back in silence as more cop cars began to arrive, "Baby please- I mean we can't just sit here and do nothing." I begged with tears forming in my eyes.

"I'll be okay baby." He smiled now holding my face in his hands.

"No." I sniffled shaking my head taking his hands off.

I looked at baby with the eyes of fear as I hit the reverse, I hit the gas pedal and he quickly swung his leg in the passenger side and stopped the car.
"Janella no!" He shouted.

I looked at him with sad eyes, "Baby what are you doing!" I cried.

I'm not happy when I try to fake it, no, ooh!
That's why I'm easy (yeah),
I'm easy like Sunday morning, yeah!
That's why I'm easy,

"Janella- I'm done running." He admit.

"Baby no." I shook my head.

"I love you more than words can describe." He grabbed my face.

Baby was a man of problems, I would risk everything I've ever loved and known for him. Baby could erase away my troubles with a kiss or simply by holding me in his arms and that was enough to melt the ice around my heart even I didn't admit it out loud.

My lips capture his soft lips in a slow kiss, pouring all the devotion and love on it- this was it. This was our goodbye kiss. The kind that would erase my worries and make me forget for a moment the messed-up world that surrounded us. A kiss that I was dreading, when I had just gotten baby he was being taken away. While I hasn't paying attention I heard a click, I pulled back and looked at the keys.

I'm easy like Sunday morning.

They weren't there anymore.

They were in Baby's hand, "Baby why?" I cried.

He looked in my eyes struggling to look for the right words to say, "You don't belong in this world." He sighed.

"Baby please no." I begged grabbing his hand.

He looked at my hand and held a long kiss on my knuckles as a tear streamed out his eye, "I'll come back for you, you know I always do." He smiled before getting out the car, he placed his hands up for surrender.

I wanna be high, so high
I wanna be free to know the things I do are right
I wanna be free, just me,ooh.
That's why I'm easy.

Baby was taken away.. my baby was taken away.

I'm easy like Sunday morning, yeah!
That's why I'm easy.

‧˚₊⋅ ୨୧ ⋅₊˚‧
[Edited]

──✧ᴡᴏʀᴅᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ {1161}✧──

Author's note:
-I did in fact cry when I wrote this chapter.. how do we feel so far?