𝑰

❝ My life, my life, my life in the sunshine

My life, my life, my life
in the sunshine. Everybody
loves the sunshine.
playing: [ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɴꜱʜɪɴᴇ]-
[ʀᴏʏ ᴀʏᴇʀꜱ ᴜʙɪQᴜɪᴛʏ ]
0:30 ───ㅇ───── 3:56

"I'll see you later!" Jasmine Shouted.

"Do I really have to go?" I asked.

"Is that even a question?" She laughed now walking out the door.

My life, my life, my life,
my life in the sunshine
Everybody loves the sunshine

I smiled to myself now cleaning and organizing the utensils. For the most part, work had been easy today. It's always a little busier in the morning, but the diner always seemed to slow down late at night. A girl named Sophia had recently gotten hired as a waitress. She seemed cool for the most part, I think we needed more female employees around here anyway. She was just a kid, she had a lot to learn around here. I remember my first days weren't the best either.

I can't remember how many plates I broke on my first week. The diner sort of had a system, the more experienced waitresses were sort of going to be your older siblings. They'll teach you how to do it and once you get it you're on your own, then you become the older sibling.

The diner holds a special place in my heart, it's the only thing I have that's close to actually having a family. We look out for each other and I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess this would be the part where I introduce you to the crew.

Sunshine, everybody loves the sunshine
Sunshine, folks get down in the sunshine
Sunshine, folks get 'round in the sunshine

To start there's head chef Tommy- he's a big boy. He could make anything under the span of 5 minutes, he's a great cook one of our bests. He's a real funny guy too- at least when you don't piss him off.

Which brings me to our next chef Rick- he's quite usually grumpy. He has a wife and 4 kids- I guess that explains why he's always grumpy. He's the closest thing I have to some sort of father figure. He's a cool guy, he's one of those old dads that listens to rock music bright and early. Him and his wife go at it everyday- I think they only stay with each other to keep the kids happy.

Now for the stars of our show we have the waitresses. First we have Debora, she's a sweet girl. Her and I have gotten close over the past few months that we've worked with each other. She's one of those peoples that can make you smile even when you don't want to.

Next brings me to Jasmine. She's the wild child, she's a young soul. She's always down for a party and a good time. She's a fast worker, she always wants to get things done, she's a feisty one too. Never really has taken the word 'no' for an answer. Her and I always get into lots of trouble in the Diner but her and I are great liars you can say.