𝑿𝑽

❝And this loneliness won't leave me alone

And this loneliness won't leave
me alone.
playing: [ꜱɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʏ]-
[ ᴏᴛᴛɪꜱ ʀᴇᴅɪɴɢ]
1:46───ㅇ───── 2:43

"It's my business to know everything about everyone I work with." He paused for a moment, his eyes scanning the menu then back at me.

Who the hell does this guy think he is?

Sittin' in the mornin' sun.
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come.
Watching the ships roll in,

"I just wanted to introduce myself is all. You're a friend of Baby's, and Baby is a friend of mine."
He seemed to be satisfied with ending on that note although I wasn't.

"So let me get this straight, you came in here today to introduce yourself? You sure you don't want a waffle or nothin'?" I asked in a sarcastic manner.

To be frankly honest, Baby's coworkers were weird, all of them. Baby was nothing like them. I don't know what business he has with them but he needs to get out of there fast. These aren't good people- and I know it.

He chuckled and fixed his suit, "Your adorable.. I see why he likes you." He jerked his chin in my direction, turning around as he made his way towards the exit.

My eyes followed him until he left the building, and when he did, I could finally exhale. Why did Baby have such scary co-workers? Why were they all so damn intimidating? As fate would have it, he entered the diner then. When he looked up at me I made eye contact and looked back down taking Docs old menus. He accidentally bumped into someone, mumbling an apology under his breath.

And I watch 'em roll away again, yeah.
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay,
Watching the tide roll away.

He began walking over to me and I walked up to him. I placed Docs menus in his chest, "Here, see what you want." Was all I managed to say before walking away.

"Jen'?" He called out my name but not even a flinch came out of me.

"Jenny? What's wrong?" He asked, I heard his voice getting closer to me.

"Nothing Baby." I lied.

"Janella tell me what's wrong." He was genuinely concerned now. I just shook my head and tried to gather my thoughts.

I didn't even know what to start with, there were so many questions I needed to ask- what the hell was he doing with these people? None of this made sense.

"Doc left like, two minutes ago." I admit.

I looked up to see his expression shifted to one of shock. His hands formed into fists and his jaw tightened. I could tell he was getting angry, his face just went cold.