2 🍋

You hurry to the club and enter through the back to where the dressing rooms are accessible. 

"Great, you're here" Colt says, standing in the hall outside of the dressing rooms. "Let me introduce you to the girls. Girls, this is Y/n. Y/n, this is Hitch, Pieck, Yelena, and Annie." 

"Nice to meet you" you say taking in the other dancers. Most were blonde, except Pieck who was brunette. "You guys are all gorgeous."

"So are you like have you seen yourself?" Pieck says matter-of-factly. You had a feeling she was going to be your favourite. 

"You're actually perfect" you return.

"Okay, okay there's time to compliment later. I need you to get dressed and pick a stage name" Colt interrupts.

"Sorry" you and Pieck say hanging your heads low. 

"I'm gonna go with Violet" you say. Purple was your favourite color, so you figured why not? 

"Nice mine's Scarlett. Hitch is Bambi. Annie is Amara and Yelena is Rose." 

"Good to know" you say making mental note of each of their stage names. You put on your outfit for the night and it's a purple lingerie set that doesn't leave much to the imagination. "Who am I covering for anyway?"

"Rico" Colt says. "She goes by the stage name Velma because she has glasses. Her personal life is a bit chaotic, so I can't count on her as a regular here." 

"Ah okay" you say. You secretly hope that Rico's life stays chaotic because you really needed the money. 

"Okay, well almost time for your stage set. Good luck out there" Colt says before leaving for his office. 

"You've never performed as a stripper before, right?" Hitch asks. 

"Nope. First time."

"You're hot. You're gonna do great out there. Just remember confidence is everything. Have fun!"

"Thanks, Hitch!"

You take a deep breath and begin heading towards the stage. 

"Now, welcoming Violet to the stage!" A voice booms through the loud speaker. 

You head to the pole and hear whistles coming from the audience. It's hard to see the patrons with the stage lights shining brightly in your eyes, but that somehow helps ease your nerves. You begin to dance as you practiced, even attempting a few new tricks on the pole just for the hell of it. 

Your performance seems to get a positive response as bills come flying your way. In that dim room, you catch the attention of a man with piercing grey eyes, an undercut and a frown etched on his face. Despite the stranger frowning, there is a look of intrigue in his eyes. Like he can't look away from you. He calmly approaches the stage and holds a wad of hundreds. You let go of the pole and greet him and angle your body towards him so he can shove the money in your underwear. You wink once he's finished and he calmly returns to his seat in the same unbothered manner. 

You continue to dance, but your mind stays on the man that just paid your rent for the next month. He was strikingly handsome. You could tell even in the bad lighting, and he brought a level of curiosity out of you. Who was this man?

You finish your stage set and being walking around the floor waiting to be called for lap dances. Just as a grimy man is about to pull you his way you hear a low voice in your ear.

"Haven't seen you around here before." It was a statement, not a question. 

"No, you haven't" you say, trying to put on a voice the way the girls coached you.