11

You wake up and feel the weight of Jean's body wrapped around you. Oh, yeah I fell asleep here last night. You feel Jean stir and his grip starts to loosen.

"Good morning" he grumbles his voice deep.

"Morning."

"Sleep okay?" He asks.

"Yes, actually. You?"

"Me too" Jean stretches before turning to face you. "I may have to take you up on that offer of seeing you at the club. I'd love to see you in your element."

"Oh yeah? You're that curious huh?" You say. 

"Maybe just a little."

"Well, I don't mind you stopping by. Next time I get called in, I'll let you know."

"Sounds good" Jean smiles. "You hungry? Can I make you breakfast?"

"No-" you say but are abruptly cut off by your stomach growling.

"You don't have to lie. It's really no trouble to make you something."

"Okay, okay I give. But, don't go too out of your way."

"Got it" Jean says smirking before he stands up. "I'll get you when it's ready."

You check your phone and see you have a missed message from Levi. 

Levi: 

2:23 am

free tonight? 

You must have missed the notification since you and Jean passed out early. You type a quick response. 

You:

Got caught up at jean's. Rain check? 

You see the three dots indicating he is typing not long after.

Levi:

Jean's? Is he really your boyfriend or something?

You:

Mad that you aren't?

Levi: 

Shut it brat.

You better be serious about that rain check though. I don't like to be kept waiting. 

You: 

Guess you're gonna have to learn to live with disappointment

See you soon, Professor. 

...

Levi finishes straightening his tie and examines his reflection in the mirror one last time before leaving. He looks nice. His outfit is clean and put together. He faintly smells of a tobacco and bourbon based cologne and his undercut is styled nicely. He was lowkey trying to impress you, but he was never going to admit that. It was his turn to tease you. A bit of petty revenge for you missing his messages earlier. 

It did bother Levi a bit that you were with Jean even though he knew it shouldn't. He was the one who suggested you get a fake boyfriend. Plus, he hadn't noticed Jean actually date anyone since joining the university..so he wasn't a threat. Right? 

Levi didn't sleep well since he has PTSD from his military days. He lost all of his men only to be left all alone on the battlefield. A cruel parallel of his personal life. All Levi knew was loss. That's why he kept his circle small. You made him want to take the risk of getting to know you, despite the painful consequences that may result.