14

After carefully sneaking out of Levi's place, first leaving a glass of water and an aspirin on his bedside; you head back to your apartment, with one person on your mind. 

Armin.

He saw you. More importantly, he saw you and Levi in a compromising position that left little to the imagination. 

Shit.

How were you even going to begin to explain yourself?

Before you even have the chance to think about it, you see Armin standing outside your apartment door in the hallway, arms crossed.

"We need to talk."

It had to be at least 2am by now, since an eventful night of working and dealing with Levi made the time fly. Armin suggested the two of you go outside so as not to risk being overheard by anyone in your building. 

The two of you end up walking to a park off campus and sit on a cold metal bench, both covered by baggy hoodies. 

"Okay," Armin says, the moment you sit down. "Talk."

You appreciate that Armin is giving you the chance to explain. For all he knew, you were a cheater. One who cheated on one of his best friends, but you figured Armin had other suspicions. You knew Armin was astute enough to pick up on the strangeness of Jean trying to date so suddenly. As soon as you revealed you and Jean were fake dating, your suspicions were confirmed. Armin was onto the two of you from the very beginning. 

"Okay, well I understand why Jean would want to...just to get everyone off his back. But, why did you want to start a fake relationship?"

"My reason could get me and someone I care about in a lot more trouble. So, I'm gonna need you to promise to keep this between us."

"Promise" Armin says, reaching over to intertwine your pinky with his. 

"Okay, here goes."

...time skip...

"And now it sort of developed into something more. So, you see my problem here."

"Oh wow, Y/n. I could have guessed a ton of things, but I was not expecting that. I'm just relieved he didn't know you were a student before you met. Otherwise, I'd be a bit creeped out."

"Yeah, same honestly."

"You really like him though. I can tell. The feeling seems to be mutual. I can just tell by the way he looks at you. And, I didn't take Prof. Ackerman as someone who comes by love easily."

"Yeah, I was surprised too. We just have this undeniable chemistry. I've never really clicked like this with anyone before. It kind of scares me, but I can't seem to run away, no matter how scared I am."

You sigh, "he sort of confessed that he wants us to be exclusive last night...and I told him the feeling was mutual."

"Oh wow, Y/n. What's going to happen to his job?"

"I don't know Armin, but he seems willing to risk it."

"Well, let me know how it goes."

"I will, Armin. I will."

"Let's walk back together. I ain't leaving you alone this late."

"Alright Arlert. Let's go" you say linking arms with him. 

You and Armin return to your apartment building and before you stop at your room you remember.

"Can I just step inside yours for a moment so I can apologize to Jean for abandoning him at the club?"