12

You make it back to your apartment and face minimal teasing from Mikasa and Sasha. Instead, they definitely hint at what they think you were up to wiggling their eyebrows and asking "how's Jean?"

You get ready for class and end up meeting Jean on campus before Erwin's class. You start making small talk about the upcoming lesson when you are suddenly interrupted by Jean's lips on your own. You are caught off guard and your eyes are wide open at first, but after a moment, you settle in and close your eyes and simply go with the flow. You make out a little until he finally pulls away. 

"What was that for?" You whisper, genuinely wanting to know.

"Sorry! Petra was coming and I really didn't want to talk to her" Jean says.

"That seemed to scare her away" you say with a slight smirk. 

You glance down the hall and see Levi with his jaw wide open clutching his graded papers for his class with you later in the day. Fuck. 

...

After recovering from the shock of it all, Levi finally gets his feet to move. He hurries to his office and quickly closes the door locking it behind him. 

"What the hell was that?" He says out loud. "I know she's fake dating him for my sake, but that seemed a little too real? Could she actually like this guy? I mean, horseface???"

Levi found himself accidentally crumbling a piece of paper in his hand into a tight fist. He forgot to set down one of the essays before he started his little rant. He straightens the paper as best as he could and glimpses the name on it. Y/n L/n. What were the odds? 

He laughs to himself at the weird symbolism of it all because that's how his heart felt in that very moment. As crushed as this piece of paper. But, why do I feel this way? He can't help but think. He would never go out of his way to let someone in. Especially on a romantic level. But, here you were. Not even trying and you were chipping your way in like a sculptor into a piece of clay. You were carving your way into his heart with ease when he thought he'd set up impenetrable defences. 

Levi did the only thing he could think of and dialled a familiar number. 

"Tonight? At 7? At The Four Horsemen? Done." 

Levi clicked end call and sat back in his chair and sighed. What had you done to him?

...

You and Jean were laughing through most of Erwin's class passing notes like high schoolers and hardly paying attention to the lecture at hand. 

"Kirschtein, what year was the Eldian war?"

Jean recites the textbook passage from memory and that seems to satisfy the professor. 

"Good to know you still have your wits about you despite all that note passing with Miss Y/n. If you two were worse students, I would have reprimanded you ages ago. Anyhow, where was I?" 

Erwin dove right back into the lecture and you and Jean's faces both turned beet red. Erwin called you out so cooly, yet seemed so unfazed about it because you and Jean were two of his top students. The rest of the lesson went smoothly and soon enough it was time for Professor Ackerman's class. 

You take your usual seat and before Levi begins his lecture he begins handing back the graded papers to each of the students. When he gets to you he hands you a paper that has clearly been crumpled into a ball and re-flattened. 

You raise an eyebrow at him and he gives you a look that says "don't say anything."

You manage to find the letter grade scribbled on the page in Levi's messy but someone sophisticated writing. A. Well, at least you got a good grade despite you paper getting mauled in the process. You'll have to ask him about that later. 

...

Levi arrives at the bar promptly at 7 and sees his friend there already awaiting his arrival.

"Levi!" The tall man says cheerily.

"Erwin" Levi replies in his usual unenthusiastic tone. "Thank you for coming."

"What did you call me out for? It is unlike you to make such last minute plans" Erwin begins taking a sip from his pint of beer. 

"I've gotten myself into a sort of predicament."

"Oh, that's Levi speak for you fucked up. What'd you do man? Spit it out."

"It's not what I've done, but who."

"Go on."

"Alright. Well, you know how I sometimes frequent gentleman's clubs."

"Strip clubs. Continue."

"Yes, those. Well, I was visiting one nearby and I ended up meeting this stripper. This girl was just out of this world Erwin. I'm not one normally to be worn down so easily, but she was just unreal. We end up hooking up and the sex is great. Well, long story short..where do I see her next? My first class of the semester. She's one of my English students."

"Oh my" Erwin says nearly choking on his beer. "And then what?"

"Then, I speak with her after class and we both agree that we want to continue our sexual relationship. I suggest that she fake date another student to throw any suspicion off the two of us. She does and just seeing her in a fake relationship...has me-"

"-has you realizing it's more than just sex. Am I right?"

"Exactly that, Erwin. Am I the biggest idiot in the world?"

"I fear that may be Connie Springer, but you're definitely up there. So, what are you going to do? Are you going to tell her how you've been feeling?"

"I don't know what to do Erwin and that's the problem. Things are great the way they are...and if I confess my feelings it only makes things more complicated. Like I didn't know she was my student when we first met, so there's at least that. But, that doesn't change the fact that if we start dating...she is my student now. We could never go public. Not as long as I'm her teacher and she's my student. And, if we get caught I could lose my job."

"Hm you do have yourself in quite a predicament, I must say. Well, as your long time friend, I am happy that you've found someone that makes you willing enough to try to not be alone all the time. On the other hand, I see your dilemma. To be fair though, whether or not you confess your feelings, there is a possibility of you losing your job since you guys are hooking up already."

"You have a point" Levi says, pondering his words. "So, your saying just do it? Just tell her since I have nothing more to risk?" 

"Yup" Erwin agrees. "But, only if your serious about committing to her. If this is what you want, you gotta dedicate your heart and soul to it. No half-asking it. So, you gotta ask yourself beforehand if you're ready for all that."

"Thanks Erwin, that's really helpful. I'll really think about it before I act on my feelings."

"Great. Now, let's drink!"

A/n

unedited