(XI)

🎧 Eleven ★ Ive

Seungmin's pov:

Ever since I held hands with Hyeongjun I can't stop thinking about it. It's taking over me. And to be honest, I'm afraid. Afraid that this crush became more than that. I think, I, Oh Seungmin, am starting to fall in love with none other than Han Hyeongjun.

I was at the entrance desk of my parents restaurant. And just fuck my luck. Look, as much as I want to see Hyeongjun, seeing him now kinda freaked me out on the inside.

I took a deep breath before smiling at him and his parents. But instead of the family of three, they were four.

"Hello! Welcome! Do you have a reservation?" I opened the reservation book.

"No, we don't, table for four please" Hyeongjun didn't notice me talking to them at first as he was looking at the floor. But he slightly froze before smiling at mr

"Right ahead, follow me!" I smiled and guided them towards a table. The fourth boy that usually never was with them was shorter than Hyeongjun. He also had similar facial features which led me to speculate that they were siblings.

I returned to the desk and looked around the restaurant. I was startled when someone covered my eyes with their hands. "Guess who!" An easily recognisable voice exclaimed.

"Kim Jungsu! You scared me!" I pushed off the older boy while laughing. Yet I was even more surprised after noticing the boy next to him.

"Goo Gunil..?" I made sure I was looking at was the right person. The elder nodded after hearing his name.

"O-oh, I- I'l-" I was caught off guard by the two appearing together. Jungsu chuckled at my "cute" behaviour. He called it cute, so that's why it's in air quotes.

"Table for two please" The two boys held each other's wrist while going towards the table. I took note of this but didn't say anything about it.

Third person pov:

Seungmin returned to the front desk, but his eyes kept falling on Hyeongjun. His mother noticed him staring, it just gave his parents even more reason to believe that he wasn't straight.

His mother wanted to bring it up but Seungmin had left as he had gotten dust on him.

You'd think him washing his hands would be innocent. Clearly not.

"Oh god! Oh god!" Seungmin walked back, repeating those words multiple times.

What he had walked in on was none other than Kim Jungsu and Goo Gunil kissing. Or practically making out at this point.

"Oh god, I thought you were gay" Seungmin muttered, washing his hands while ignoring his friends. Trying to forget the image in his mind.

"I'm bi curious" Jungsu looked at the elder and shuffled towards the door, awkwardly.

"You won't tell anyone... right?" Jungsu asked right before leaving, Seungmin obviously promised.

"You haven't told anyone my secret either after all" And that was something that Seungmin appreciated greatly.

"Is it that you're gay? It's obvious, you know?" Gunil suddenly barged in, he quickly covered his mouth after accidentally saying it.

"O-oh? Yeah" Seungmin didn't know how to reply to that. So, he simply nodded after saying that. The three then all went back to their places.

Just in time for Seungmin's mother to talk to him in the break room.

--

"Seungmin, I've been wanting to talk to you for a while" She sat her son down. Seungmin held his breath, he was pretty sure he knew what would be happy in the minutes that were about to happen.

"But, you've been acting in a way that has given your father and I reason to believe that..." She paused for a second, trying to find the right words.

"You like boys, in a romantic sense" She spoke softly, Seungmin rarely cried. But in that moment, be felt like his world crumbled. He didn't want to see his mother's reaction. He thought he had disappointed her.

And it made him cry, the thought of that just made him burst out into tears.

"I'm guessing it's correct then?" She asked, still keeping the same tone as earlier. She went closer to her son and hesitated a couple of seconds. The older woman then hugged him.

"I'm sorry" He sobbed, his mother patted his head, trying to calm the boy.

"I like this guy, and it hurts cause we can never be together" Even just saying it out loud hurt him even more.

"Now, I'm not sure how your father would react, but I don't care what you like, as long as you're happy" Seungmin's father was not the most accepting of the lgbtq community, which was why his mother said that.

But if his mother was okay with it, then he was happy enough.

"You'll have to tell me about him!" She smiled at the boy who could only smile back after such a nice reaction.

-----

-Jude out!

02.05.24