(XXIV)

🎧 Television / So far so good ★ Rex Orange County

On Friday, Hyeongjun went up to Seungmin, it was usually rather rare as the latter would be the first one to start conversations.

"Do you want to hang out tomorrow?" Hyeongjun asked while subconsciously studying the boy's features.

"Oh I'd love to, but I have to visit my aunt, sorry" Seungmin apologised, he thought for a while. Trying to find a day that would work.

"How about Tuesday?" Hyeongjun nodded before walking away. Seungmin was gonna follow after him, but Jungsu showed up behind him.

"Talking about your plans with your future boyfriend?" Jungsu asked, dragging the boy towards the exit of the building.

"What?" Seungmin asked, covering his eyes with his hand as it was raining heavily. He and Jungsu went to the bus stop and waited in silence, they'd be talking about their day in the bus.

They found two seats in the middle of the vehicle and sat down. Jungsu next to the window, Seungmin on the aisle. The younger of the two checked his phone and sighed when noticing a message. Jungsu tried to read the text, but Seungmin turned off his phone before he had enough time.

"I told Jun I couldn't hang out, and now my mum told me that we're not going to see my aunt" Seungmin explained extremely annoyed. He put his head on Hyeongjun's shoulder.

"Well, if you want to go out with someone, then I can go out with you" Jungsu was going to say something different originally, about the nickname Seungmin used, but he changed it last second.

"Sure" Seungmin smiled back at Jungsu before leaving the bus.

--

Hyeongjun laid in bed, on his phone. He wasn't planning on opening Instagram, but went on it after noticing a notification.

He noticed a post by Jungsu, now usually that wouldn't be weird, but it was the fact that he was with someone else. Someone extremely familiar. With a very familiar username.

Jungsuuuuu

@o.seungmin and I look so cute

"So much for being at your aunt's" Hyeongjun sighed and turned off his phone. What he couldn't deny was how cute Seungmin looked. He tried to ignore his heart beating faster.

He stood up and decided that instead of wasting his day away, on his bed, it would be better if he went out to see someone.

He thought that Jiseok and Jooyeon might be together so he didn't message either of them. There was only one person left then. And he hopefully wouldn't be busy. He couldn't be out with his boyfriend and Jungsu was out with Seungmin.

He sent a message to Gunil and waited impatiently for his answer. Luckily, it didn't take too long, he answered in less than three minutes.

With that answer, he put on his shoes a bit too quickly, his brother noticed that, so he immediately regretted going too fast.

"Where are you going Hyeongjun? Seeing someone special?" He asked tauntingly, Hyeongjun took a deep breath before rolling his eyes and simply walking out of the door. If you can't beat them, ignore them, right?

"Hey! You don't ignore your hyung!" Jisung ran after him, so Hyeongjun stopped, as he didn't want him to go anyway father without shoes.

"I'm just seeing Gunil" Hyeongjun finally explained, Jisung looked at him, trying to see if there was something special with this boy.

"He already has a boyfriend" Hyeongjun cut off any thoughts Jisung may have gotten, after that, he started walking away, he decided that he had explained enough to leave him on the street.

--

"Why'd you want to see me?" Gunil asked after the two greeted each other. He would expect Hyeongjun to go out with Seungmin, not him.

"All the others are busy, plus you're nice to talk to" Gunil smiled and nodded while listening to the explanation.

"Seungmin's up north right?" Although Gunil was expecting him to nod, Hyeongjun shook his head.

"He's out with Jungsu, I think maybe he's trying to ignore me" Hyeongjun rubbed the back of his neck after showing Gunil the picture of the two together.

"Well, maybe something unexpected just happened? You know, I wasn't supposed to move over the summer, but here I am" Gunil tried reasoning with him, everyone had their down stories. And he had a great point, Hyeongjun understood that. And although he was planning on ignoring Seungmin at first, he thought of what they had said in the library.

"Yeah, you're right, I'll talk to him about it" The two sat on the bench and continued talking. Gunil also shared some pictures Jungsu and him had taken together. A cute detail Hyeongjun noticed was how each of the pictures were favourited.

"You two win the cutest couple award" Hyeongjun muttered while barely paying attention, it wasn't cause he was disrespectful, but it was because of how Seungmin so easily lied to him.

"Seungmin's still on your mind isn't he?" Gunil noticed the empty look in Hyeongjun's eyes. The latter couldn't find an excuse, so he simply nodded.

"I understand, I'd feel the same if Jungsu did the same thing" Gunil reassured him, he knew that it couldn't fully comfort the boy, it would be better than anything else.

-----

-Jude out!

21.05.24