(LXXXIV)

🎧  Night Drive ★ Gfriend

"Where's Gunil-hyung?" Jiseok asked as he went up to their lunch table, because of people's homophobia, they'd refuse to sit at the table due to the group constantly being there. He noticed that all of his friends except the eldest were there, and he was the only person he genuinely wanted to see.

Seungmin seemed surprised that the boy wasn't with them, he had been very concentrated on finding something edible in the food provided by the canteen. "He left to go to the library, for some book report." Hyeongjun replied, putting a piece of bread on his boyfriend's tray so that he'd have enough energy for the rest of the day. "Speaking of the library, get me some random book for my own report Seungmin." He told his boyfriend, already starting to push him off the chair. The older boy sighed and eventually left the cafeteria. 

Jiseok left as soon as he heard where the eldest was, he rushed to the library and found the boy searching through the shelves full of books. He went up to the older boy quietly and wrapped his arms around his waist from his back, he rested his head on his shoulder. Gunil turned to see who it was and lightly laughed. "What are you doing Jiseok?" He asked him, gently pulling him away, to face him.

"Look, you miss Jungsu, and you're struggling to get over him, so, you know what you should do?" He said, Gunil frowned, he wondered why  the younger boy was bringing this up. It made absolutely no sense. Jiseok paused for a couple of seconds, he thought for the best way to pitch his idea, but realized that bluntness would be the best.

"Pretend to date." He let out, the older boy's eyes widened, he sounded so chill about it, like it wasn't a big thing. Gunil hummed then, he thought about it for a short while, balancing the pros and cons.

He thought that it would be nice to have someone to be with most of the time, even if no actual feelings were involved. "Sure, why not?" He let out with a soft smile, Jiseok's eyes widened when hearing his answer. He was almost sure that the boy would call him crazy for suggesting such an unbelievable thing. He barely even took time to think, it was an almost immediate answer.

The two boys looked at each other for a couple of seconds in silence. No words came out of either of their mouths, their blinking could probably be louder than anything they'd say in that moment.

"I'll see you later then." Jiseok finally broke the silence, he hesitated for a couple of seconds and gradually went closer to the elder, he planted a quick peck on the corner of his lips and started walking away.

Gunil stared at him for a couple of seconds. He couldn't believe that he was now in some dating sham with none other than Kwak Jiseok. It didn't feel like something he would actually do, he didn't honestly mind, being with someone — whether that be due to true feelings or not — was actually something good.

He was lost in thought, and struggled remembered why he was in the library for a short while, he decided to go to a different area of the room, hoping that he'd find the perfect book, but now that his mind was a complete mess because of that kiss, he was pretty sure he wouldn't be able to find one anymore.

He was looking at the book he was holding down, and slightly jumped when he felt someone tap his shoulder, it was Seungmin who had a book in his hand. "You'll like this one hyung." He said and handed it to him, Gunil looked at him confused at first but then read the back of the book. 

He smiled and slightly nodded once he finished, he looked back at the younger boy for a short while with a smile on his face. "Thanks Seungmin, you're really helping me out here!" He said, quickly returning back to the chair, which was where he left his bag. 

He headed to the desk and checked it out, so that he'd have a month to work on it. As he was about to leave, he noticed that Seungmin was staying behind, he'd thought that he'd go back to the cafeteria with him, but he stayed there. Shaking his head in discontent when he putting back books on the shelves.

He decided to go back to him and help him find a book. "What type of book are you searching for?" He asked taking one of the books that Seungmin had dropped. "Something that Hyeongjun will like." He said, as Gunil was about to say something, the boy stopped him and gasped, he took the book of the metallic shelf and went to the desk.

"This is perfect for him, he'll be able to do something great with it!" He said and then took Gunil by the arm, pulling him over to the staircase, so that they could return to their friend group, even if there was only a short amount of time left before they had to go back to their classes.

-----

A/n

It feels like I havent updated in a short while ahaha, im actually kinda happy with this chap! So I hope you enjoyed it as well!

-Jude out!

05.09.24