(LXXXVII)

🎧 Awake ★ U_chae

Jungsu rushed to the science wing to find Jooyeon, he wondered what the latter could possibly be doing over there. He wasn't the type of person to suck up to teachers at all, in fact he was most often told off by them. He would get called irritated by them usually, so going to talk to a teacher was out of the question. 

He suddenly remembered him talking about some assignment he had to hand in late the next day since he couldn't find the teacher yesterday. He realized that it was probably why he was here, right now. Jungsu was pretty sure he would be annoyed at wasting a perfectly good free period seeing his teacher. 

He walked up the stairs and looked at the different classrooms, one of them had the door closed, probably to avoid any outside noises from disturbing the class. The second one had it's door closed as well, but it was completely silent, which lead Jungsu to believe that a teacher probably didn't have class at that time. He looked at the third door which was left wide open, the room was filled with students, either copying the lesson or talking with their seatmates. He looked at the fourth and final one, a boy was waiting outside of it with a file in his hand. It took a little less than a second for him to realize that it was indeed Jooyeon. 

He went up to him, it was the first time he had fully seen him today, he didn't know why, but this day in particular, he looked even handsomer than usual. When greeting him, he couldn't stop himself from pointing it out to Jooyeon. The words spilled out of his mouth faster than he had time to think. "God, you're so good looking Jooyeon." He let out, completely flustering the boy, he was unable to speak for a couple of seconds after that, unable to respond to the sudden compliment. "Y-you look even better!" He stammered, but then felt more assured as his statement progressed.

"Alright, Lee Jooyeon, since it is almost a week late, I expect something good." The teacher suddenly came out of the room, breaking his and Jungsu's very awkward moment, he felt quite embarrassed in that current instance. He nodded and opened his file, he gave him the piece of paper and thanked him for giving him a chance to hand in his work. 

The teacher closed the door once he collected the work, leaving Jungsu and Jooyeon alone in the hallway once again. The two boys were simply looking at each other in silence, getting a moment to analyse the other's stunning facial features. 

Jooyeon was trying to find a conversation starter, but his mind was just completely blank. "People told me you were searching for me?" He said, sounding slightly confused, which lead him to add an air of confusion in his remark. Jungsu looked quite surprised at that information, in his mind, he had only asked a small portion of his classmates of where he could be, around half a dozen. "Like, at least 15 people." He continued, the older boy frowned, he had no recollection of asking that many people, and those were just the people that had told him. He could already add four to that surprisingly high number due to the boys in the library having stayed there the whole time.

"Shit, I didn't realize I was that determined on finding you." Jooyeon laughed and shook his head, he suddenly remembered that they were in the middle of the hallway during class hours. "It's cute, and I don't mind." He said with a light chuckle, then he took Jungsu by the hand, interlocking his fingers with his and pulled him down the stairs. 

The two headed back to the library, but instead of going at the table where their friends were, discussing something that they couldn't hear very distinctly, they went to the back corner of the rather empty room. "We should've been closer before." The extrovert let out, Jungsu frowned, he tilted his head and thought for a short while. "But you were still with Jiseok back then." He said without letting much thought behind what the could mean. Jooyeon looked at him with a confused looked, he didn't understand why his ex boyfriend was suddenly mentioned in a discussion that had nothing to do with him, and it had no need to be mentioned there.

"Sorry what?" He couldn't help but ask, Jungsu's eyes widened, he apologized for saying that, but it wasn't enough for Jooyeon. He needed to know why he said that all of a sudden. "I shouldn't tell you." He said and looked down, the younger boy nodded, saddened by that. He thought that it was against him, and an issue with trusting him. "That's fine, I have things I can't tell you either." 

-----

A/n

Feels a bit like an abrupt ending, but I hope you enjoyed ahaha, also, please do give awake a listen! It's so good, just like the entire album!

-Jude out!

10.09.24