(LVI)

🎧 Eyes, Nose, Lips ★ Taeyang

It had been a couple of days since Seungmin and Hyeongjun last had a proper talk. Actually, it's been since the night of the party that they haven't talked to each other. Mostly since, when they were not at school, the older boy would be sleeping and Hyeongjun wasn't in the mood to strike up any conversations. That was until today, he finally wanted to know what happened.

"So are we going to talk about it?" His approach was a bit direct but he didn't care. Seungmin was rather confused, he didn't know what he wanted to discuss. He decided to nod, just to get a better understanding of what was happening.

"What?" He asked, Hyeongjun's eyes widened and he felt his heart sink.

Hyeongjun sat next to him on the bed, the two boys looked at each other for a short period of time. Hyeongjun was searching for the right words to talk about it.

"Why did you do it?" Seungmin thought that he was talking about him drinking, he knew he shouldn't have. He couldn't remember anything else. Well, apart from around 20 more minutes, when talking to Hyeongjun. But he couldn't remember anything at all.

Hyeongjun realised after a couple of seconds that Seungmin had no recollection of what happened that night. His heart sank, it wasn't like he had any feelings... Right? Why was he feeling so sad about it.

"You kissed me Seungmin, don't you remember?" He asked, already knowing the answer already. Seungmin looked extremely surprised to hear what just left Hyeongjun's mouth. He made sure he had heard the words correctly by punching his own arm.

"I- kissed... You?" He failed getting the words out normally, without any stuttering. His eyes were as wide as plates. He looked quite worried, he had kissed a boy, who wasn't ready to come out, in public, where anyone could see them.

"Yeah, I kissed you back" A light blush settled on the taller boy's face remembering the night. In his eyes, he just liked the kiss cause it was his first kiss with a boy. Not 'cause he had a tiny crush on him.

"Why..?" Seungmin asked, he wondered why he was kissed back, and not just pushed away. It sounded like the normal thing; to be the only one kissing. 

"Just felt like it, you know? See what it's like to kiss a boy." He explained it, it made, quite a lot of sense. A light blush formed on Seungmin's face because of that. He was the first boy Hyeongjun ever kissed.

Seungmin nodded, a moment of silence ensued, they looked at each other for a short while, simply admiring their features.

"We should just pretend it never happened." Seungmin suggested, he felt like it was the most appropriate thing to say. Mostly since he didn't want their friendship — that they had worked so hard to get — to change.

Hyeongjun nodded, just because they would pretend it didn't happen between the two of them, it didn't mean that he couldn't think about it on his own. Seungmin would obviously be thinking about it, even if he didn't remember it at all. It was his crush he kissed, it was a bit more of a crush at this point though.

"I just don't want to let you go, cause it can just make things really awkward between us." He justified it, although there really was absolutely no reason to explain it. They both thought of it in their heads, but didn't say it out loud until he said it.

"I understand" Hyeongjun muttered under his breath, he wanted the conversation to end as fast as possible. He wanted to move on to something fun to talk about. A reason he loved talking to Seungmin, not for these types of serious conversation topics.

-----

-Jude out!

Written on: 17.07.24
Published on: 18.07.24