Chapter Fifty Three: Dust

TW: Bisexual (mmf) threesome, throat fucking, bdsm, CNC, edging, sensory overload, dommy Hattie, ruined orgasm

Ominis Gaunt found himself in a bit of a bind that afternoon.

He wasn't sure how he got there, tied up, hung upside down, with what he assumed was a very unhappy Hattie glaring at him from below.

He had only simply meant to see how she was doing.

Though what he would not have done to see that face, the gods had been cruel in depriving him of his sight when something as beautiful as her simply existed. He tried to imagine what her lips would look like turned down in a frown, but he had very little to go off of.

There had once been a time where she had let him touch her face, to map out the edges and softness of it. She'd let him brush back a strand of her hair, getting to know the curls of it while she explained the color of her eyes, despite him not having a true concept of what those colors might be.

He had only thought of the ways her lips would feel against his, or all of the sensations she would share with him that would threaten to overload him until he could no longer bear it.

All he knew was that the mental image she'd painted for him was something that made his trousers feel too tight.

It pained him that now she wouldn't so much as breathe near him, let alone speak to him with those imagined, delicious lips of hers. Ominis should have felt some sort of guilt for her annoyance with him, however it was an empty emotion.

How was he supposed to feel guilty for showing her how much he loved her?

Wasn't this what young love was supposed to look like?

Angry, heated stares and rope?

It was quite kinky, he smiled to himself, and so thoughtful of her.

Ominis didn't think it would be right to fully fault her for her behavior. It wasn't like she could possibly understand what it felt like to have one's heart bound to another's so thoroughly. Their souls had been intertwined and she hadn't realized it, that was all.

It had all happened when they'd both least expected it, not long after Sebastian had been sent away for the death of his Uncle.

That love he felt had only come when Hattie herself had changed overnight. She was no longer a fiery spirit with a shield of shiny heroism, she was something quiet, and lost. Something broken.

Something so fucking beautifully shattered, that he'd had little choice but to pull her back into the real world with him.

Underneath her rattled exterior was an enthralling, ethereal thing - so fragile it would break into a million tiny pieces if he so much as breathed on it.

And all he wanted was to cradle it, to cherish, and protect it.

All Sebastian had done, despite his claims, was break it in half since he'd returned.

Or at least, Ominis had seen it that way.

Sebastian on the other hand had been all too happy with the monster he'd now created. Hattie was something different, though similar to the state she'd once been in, and he simply did not like it.

She didn't shy away from conflict, Merlin, she fucking ran straight towards it. She put herself in so much needless danger and even began to use her magic again.

Hattie was now a creature of Sebastian's ilk, something dark and full of hatred that pushed her much further out of his grasp than he had anticipated.

And that went almost entirely against the agreement Sebastian had struck between the two of them.