Chapter 13: The Intruder ( Part 2 )

Amora was now sitting on the ground outside the Owl house right in front of the door with King while Acorn and Knight were inside while Eda was working on a force field spell to protect the house from the boiling rain after she had finished putting a healing spell on Amora, that healed her from the pain the crash gave her. King was putting a few bandaids on some of the bruises on Amora's left arm, before he put a bandaid on his snout.

King: ( to Amora: ) Look, now we're boo-boo buddies.

Amora: ( chuckles with a soft smile ) You're too kind, King.

Amora then turned her head to Eda with concern as the witch was working on a spell under a force field to protect herself from the boiling rain.

Amora: A boiling rainstorm on the Boiling Isles. How...um... ( A bit sarcastically: ) fun...?

Eda: Yeah, we don't have weather. We have plagues, gorenados, shale hail, painbows.

King: It's like a rainbow but looking at it turns you inside out.

Amora only made a scared squeak in response to the information of the Boiling Isles' weather.

Eda: So, until the boiling rain stops, no one is allowed outside tonight.

King: ( to Amora: ) And if the rain doesn't get you, the Snaggleback will. ( Opens a book showing images of the Snaggleback ) They wander the rain, feeding on boiled tourists.

Amora made another scared squeak in response with fearful eyes.

Eda: King, stop scaring the human, she's fragile remember? Well, whatever the case, this force field spell should protect the house from boiling rains and made-up demons.

Hooty: ( to Eda: ) Hoot! Well, hurry it up with that force field. That rain is getting closer to my previous stucco.

Eda: Yeah, yeah. I got it.

Eda uses her staff to grab the light ball in her hands and stamps the staff down to the ground. A round orange force field engulfs the house, then shrinks to shape closely around it. Amora then lets out a sigh of relief as Eda begins to walk towards the house. As Eda began walking towards the house to the young human and King, she realized that she hadn't actually tried to teach Amora magic, which she knew that the girl didn't actually need to learn how to cast spells but she felt at least trying would help the shy human feel more comfortable at the Boiling Isles, but then her train of thought was interrupted by said human when she got to them at the front door.

Amora: Um, Eda, I've been meaning to ask. Why exactly do people call you " The Owl Lady "?

Eda: 'Cause I'm so wise.

Hooty: 'Cause she coughs up rat bones.

King: I think it's 'cause she gets distracted by shiny objects.

Eda: No, I don't.

King then takes out a pen with a diamond on top of it, clicks the button on the side of it and the diamond begins to glow, causing Eda to stare at it.

Eda: ( delightedly: ) It sparkles and shimmers. It shines and delights. I must have it for my nest...

Eda lunged for the pen, but King puts it behind his back and she crashes on the ground, making Eda groan while Amora held in a chuckle with a soft smile.