Chapter 17: Covention ( Part 1 )

Eda was dusting the table of her Human Collectables stand with a bored expression, while Amora was drawing a picture in her sketchbook with King, Knight, and Acorn watching her and her backpack on her back.

King: Show us the picture!

Amora chuckled before she showed the picture to King and the two critters, revealing that she had drawn a picture of the small trio.

King: Woah, nice. You know, they once called me the King of Artists.

Both Knight and Acorn rolled their eyes in response.

Amora: ( with a smile: ) Oh? I thought you were the King of demons. Are you just making this up now?

King: Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!

Amora: Well, if you want, I can offer you ( pulls out her Azura book from her backpack ) something to pass the time.

Eda: Ugh! Please don't. It's flowery language is an insult to witches and it will drive away all of our serious customers.

Amora: Oh, right. Well, um, Eda?  That's the thing. ( Gestures to the empty street ) What customers? There aren't even any other stands around. Do you know what's going on?

Eda: This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today.

Amora made a scared, silent squeak in response but then, Gus and Willow appeared and ran up to the stand.

Gus: Amora! Something amazing is happening today!

Acorn hissed at the two, but Gus and Willow weren't bothered by the baby slug's behavior. Knight then jumped to the two excitedly and he began running circles around them with his tail wagging like crazy.

Amora: ( with a warm smile: ) Hello, Gus, Willow. What's going on exactly?

Willow then holds up a flier and shows it to Amora, who looks at it with curiosity as Acorn slowly climbs onto the human's shoulder while Knight keeps running circles around Gus and Willow.

Willow: It's the annual covention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery quest this year!

Amora: So, a job fair for witches? That sounds like fun.

Eda: Absolutely not. I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system. ( To Amora: ) And I don't want you anywhere near it, they'll pull you in their lies for sure by using your kindness against you.

Willow looks at Eda with a frown as she lowers the flier while Amora has a nervous look on her face.

Eda: Eh, but, you know, no judgement. In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls.

Amora: ( confused: ) " We "?

Eda: I-the-I mean-

Amora: Eda, are you okay?

Eda: I'm fine! Anyway, my answer is still no.

Amora frown as she knew that something was wrong with Eda, but then she glanced to her friends and saw the frowns on their faces to Eda saying no to her going to the covention, which caused her to take a deep breath as she decided to use one of the lessons Eda and King had given her that morning about standing her ground.

Amora: Okay. T-Then you leave me no choice.

Amora then hands King her Azura book and he quickly caught on and began reading the book out loud.

King: " You shall not shan't doeth no more harm," Azura callethed out...

Eda: So flowery, so awful. Why did I give the kid a standing your ground lesson this morning?

Eda walks away, opening the Portal Door and stepped through it as King continued reading. Amora then picked up King and tossed him through the portal as it closes, causing Knight to stop running around in circles around Gus and Willow.

Gus: A standing your ground lesson?

Amora: I'm sorta what humans would call a " pushover ".

A second later, the portal door opens and Eda comes back through it with King sitting on her head, still reading the book out loud. Acorn watched with a happy look on their face while Knight tilted his head to the side in response.

Eda: Stop it! Stop it! I will literally do anything to stop this!

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜