Chapter 22: Hooty's Moving Hassle ( Part 1 )

Amora was in the living room watching with King as Eda and Owlbert were playing a card game. Eda shuffles her hand, and the eyes on the cards look up at her. Owlbert, wearing a green visor, narrows his eyes and hoots at Eda.

Eda: Watch closely, Amora. Hexes Hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play.

Amora watched closely with curiosity on her face as Eda puts a card down on the table. Lightning comes from the cards, sending Owlbert flying for cover behind the side of the table. The cards all stand and roar. Owlbert's surge forward and attack Eda's, making Owlbert smirk.

Eda: Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break out the wildcard.

Eda holds up a card with a tower on it, the card glows green, and Owlbert's cards disappear in a flash of fire. Fiery letters spelling out " WINNER: EDA " appear and disappear over the table. Owlbert hops back on the table and hoots at Eda, his wings extended.

Eda: Woo, I win! In your adorable owl face. Ah, I love the feeling of victory; it feels...fluffy?

Amora: Um, Eda, I don't mean to alarm you but... It's happening again.

Eda: What's happening again?

King: Your curse is returning!

Eda yelps in response when she looks at her arm.

Eda quickly went to the chest that she had stashed some elixir bottles in, but she saw that all the glass bottles were empty.

Eda: Oh, boy. This is terrible. I'm out of elixir.

Amora: The last time this happened, you turned into this.

Amora held up her phone and showed a picture of the owl beast Eda had turned into last time on the phone's screen.

Eda: I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce.

Amora: Eda, please focus.

Eda: You're right, you're right. We need to head to the market.

Amora: Market, got it. Knight, Acorn, travel time!

As soon as Amora said " travel time ", Knight excitedly ran outside the door with his harness and leash on, and Acorn riding on his back, he was also holding something in his mouth. Amora quickly starts to run after her two critters and King follows her.

King: I'm stealing everything that's not nailed down!

Eda: Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand of Hexes Hold'em? ( Pats her pockets ) Hey, where are my cards?

The camera moved to show that Knight was holding the card deck in his mouth as she kept running ahead of the group.

Amora: ( to Knight & Acorn: ) Keep running ahead! She'll have to follow us!

Eda: ( runs after the Nightbitter cub ) Knight, you little troublemaker! Gimme back my cards!

( Slight time skip, At the market )