Chapter 19: Covention ( Part 3 )

It has been only a few minutes and Amora was already about to fall asleep as she was waiting in her seat for something to happen with Knight beside her, and she was beginning to get annoyed. Both Knight and Acorn were fast asleep.

Amora: ( silently, to herself: ) You would think this great Emperor's Coven would provide some kind of entertainment if they were planning on making us wait this long. Or at least have some music playing to pass the time.

Amora then sees Eda come into the stadium and smiles as Eda sits next to her.

Eda: All right, let's see this mess.

The lights then dim down and Principal Bump rises from the floor with spirals of green magic as a spotlight is illuminating him. Amora and Eda were the only ones in the audience that didn't applaud or cheer for the principal as he summoned a mic. Acorn and Knight just glared at the principal, as they were very much still upset at the guy for trying to dissect their human.

Principal Bump: Hello, Bonesborough! Students ask me all the time " Principal Bump, what's the height of magical achievement? "

Witch boy: Is it this?

Amora's eyes then widened in concern as the boy increased the size of his head greatly, which fell over and crushed the student next to him.

Principal Bump: Wow. I failed you as a principal. ( Grabs the mic, with some feedback: ) It's being selected to join the best of the best. And there are none better than the jewel of the coven system...

Suddenly three witches wearing cloaks and what looked like plague doctor masks appeared in front of the principal, causing Amora to raise her brow at them.

Principal Bump: ...and the enforcers of his will, the Emperor's Coven.

Amora wasn't all impressed by the looks of the Emperor's Coven, as they looked more intimidating to her than impressive, she then turned to her side and saw Willow and Gus, she waves at them with a smile.

Willow and Gus then quietly shouted " Amora! " while pointing at Gus' forehead, which was signed, which Amora gave them a thumbs up with a smile in response before she turned her attention back to the show.

Principal Bump: Feast your eyes on this elite force, each member handpicked to help usher in a new age of controlled magic.

Each of the three coven guards traced a white spell circle above their heads. One produces a jet of flame, another water, and the third lightning. The three elements come together in a firework that turns into confetti, impressing the audience except for...

Amora: ( silently, with an unimpressed expression: ) Then where are they? I only see three clown versions of plague doctors turning fire, water, and lightning into confetti.

Eda laughs in response, as she wasn't expecting Amora to say that, but she loved it as it showed that she was rubbing off on her human apprentice.

The coven guards were now holding the same elements in balls between their hands.

Principal Bump: Members of the Emperor's Coven have access to all- yes, all forms of magic. Ooh. Aah.

The audience, except for Eda & Amora: Ooh. Aah.

Principal Bump: But...only the best can ascend these ranks. Some day that could be one of you!