Chapter 20: Covention ( Part 4 )

The group was now in a hallway, Amora was now conscious and was now sitting on a box with a panic expression on her face as Eda puts a sweatband on her head. Acorn was currently on Knight's back as the Nightbitter cub was sitting beside Amora.

Eda: All right, Amora. Let's start your training. Now, I'm coming at you with a blast of fire. What do you do?

Amora just pulled her knees and hugged them to her chest before she leaned off the box she was sitting on, landing on the floor in the fetal position.

Eda: Oh, that's right. I haven't taught you many spells, huh?

Amora: ( with slight frustration as she sits up: ) No, I only know one spell and I highly doubt it's going to save me. What made you think that this ( gestures to herself ) definition of a beanpole could fight a witch duel's?? I'm pretty sure that I can't even fight without magic-

Amora's eyes then widened when she heard a familiar voice, of the girl she tried to make amends with hit her ears and she turned to see Amity standing nearby with Lilith.

Amity: Abomination, rise.

An abomination that came up to Amity's shoulders rises from her spell circle on the ground with a groan. It then twists its own head off and throws it, hitting a bakers coven witch in the face. Amora then gasped as Tinella appeared and grabs the baker witch's hand, chucks him, and then screams.

Amora: Oh my....

Eda: Ooh, boy. Well, at least we got your " special ability " on our side.

Amora: ( confused: ) Special ability? What special ability?

Eda: That powerful glare of yours kid, if it can get Warden Wrath to bow down and do whatever you command, I'm sure it will do the same to that coven brat.

Amora: I have no clue what you are talking about. I didn't make him bow down or anything like that, I just told him to release the people he wrongfully imprisoned and apologize to them. It's not some special ability, it's just a stare in a angry way. Nothing special, like at all.

Eda: Uh-huh, sure, kid. Listen to me, Amora. We are not gonna let those snobs win that easy! We are not gonna let them win at all. I've got an idea.

Amora looked at Eda with a worried expression still on her face as Eda's sweatband rips as her hair wins it's fight against it.

( Slight Time Skip )

Amora was now on the opposite side of Lilith and Amity in the theater with Eda and her two critters. Amora had a nervous expression on her face and looked at Amity as the young witch and the coven leader stood on the dais. Amora was doing her best to keep her gaze away from the audience by keeping it on Amity, as the stadium has a large crowd to watch the duel, while Amity just looked at the human girl with a smile and her arms crossed.

Lilith: Beloved citizens, the Emperor's Coven proudly presents an impromptu demonstration of the sort of witch we seek every year. Introducing Amity Blight.

The crowd cheers, causing Acorn and Knight to glare up at the crowd.

Fan: Woo, Amity!

Lilith: Versus...

Eda proudly stepped out of away and proudly presents a very nervous Amora that was shaking in fear and was using all her mental strength to prevent herself from fainting on the spot.