Chapter 16: The Intruder ( Part 5 )

After a few minutes, Amora heard running and loud screeching coming from outside, causing her to peak out the door to see King, Knight, and Acorn running from Eda, who was currently some kind of owl-like beast. Once the trio were close enough to the door, Amora quickly reached her arms out and pulled all three of them inside the room before she slammed the door shut. Amora held King and the two critters in her arms, close to her while footsteps are heard outside as a shadow passes the door.

King: Amora?

Both, Knight and Acorn made happy sounds to seeing Amora and to seeing that she was okay. Amora quickly placed the three of them down and began checking them for any injuries.

Amora: Are you three alright? Any boo-boos? Where?

King: We're fine. The thing didn't hurt us.

Amora: ( sighs in relief ) Oh thank goodness. I'm so glad that you three are alright.

King: Where did you go?

Amora: Well.... After you and the critters left, I heard something in the room and...

King: ( knowingly: ) You saw it and fainted, didn't you?

Amora: ( with an embarrassed blush: ) Maybe... Yes. And I also lost my dagger- ( sees that King is holding the dagger ) Oh, you found it. Let's just ( slowly takes the dagger from King ) keep that away from you. I don't want you to accidentally hurt yourself. ( With a serious expression: ) Anyway, I found out what the elixir is for. Read the tag.

Amora then gives King the elixir she had found earlier, and he looks at the tag.

King: ( reads the tag: ) " An elixir a day, keeps the curse at bay. " ( Gasps ) Wait.. Does that mean what I think it means?

Amora nods her head with a nervous look in response while Knight and Acorn had looks of confusion on their faces.

King: I was wrong the whole time. That's no Snaggleback. That creature is...

The four then screamed, Amora's sounding a little louder than the others', as a clawed hand bursts through the door, a body soon followed it, and it growls as it turns to the four, revealing a familiar face.

King: Eda!

King: Eda!

Knight looked at Eda in shock before it turned into a look of fear when he realized that the creature that was chasing them was the owl lady while Acorn just hissed at her.

Eda snarled as she stalked closer to the group, raising a claw to swipe at them, which causes Amora to automatically raise her hands up to cover her face while shaking in fear. Amora's phone then falls out of her pocket, and the camera goes off when it hits the floor, the flash blinding Eda and making her scream. Amora quickly took the distraction as her chance to get King and her two critters away from the danger and she grabs all three of them, and hid on a balcony. Eda screams, and it echos loudly.