Chapter 23: Hooty's Moving Hassle ( Part 2 )

It was now night at the Owl house, and Amora could hear the silent sounds of crickets chirping outside as she sat on the couch, watching Eda.

Eda: Amora, you're in charge while I'm out. ( Puts a cloak on. ) Make sure Hooty doesn't get into any trouble.

Hooty: ( muffled: ) Hoot hoot! ( Opens the door ) I don't need a babysitter. I'm a big boy house!

Amora: ( with a nervous smile: ) You can count on me, Eda. ( Nervously laughs as she rubs her wrist )

Eda: You're acting suspicious. You're doing that thing where you rub your wrist.

Amora: ( as she rubs her wrist nervously: ) I'm not. Uh... ( Stops rubbing her wrist ) Oh, where's King?

Eda: He's right here.

Eda opens her cloak to reveal King, snoring, and strapped in a pink baby carrier. Amora awed at the sleeping demon with a smile.

Eda: His little body just conks out when he's weightless. Look at this.

Eda moves side to side, King doesn't wake up as he moves like a ragdoll.

Amora: Aww, so dangly.

Eda then walks outside and Amora followed her with a slightly nervous look on her face.

Eda: Anyway, really going now. And Amora...

Amora's nervous look grew as Eda looked at her with a stern look.

Eda: ( in a menacing tone: ) ...if you mess up the house, I will never trust you again. ( Lighter tone: ) No pressure! Byeeeeee!

Amora then watched Eda fly away on Owlbert, and she waves after them for a few seconds before she glanced at the bushes she knew her friends were hiding in, debating if she should be doing this, but then her mind reminded her that she was doing it for her friends.

Amora: ( whispers, to her friends: ) Okay, she's gone. You can come out now.

Willow: Release!

The two bushes glow and explode, revealing Willow and Gus in their casual clothes.

Willow: I'm a sneaky sneakster!

As soon as Willow spoke, Knight bolted out the house and ran to the witch girl with a smile on his face as he jumped into his owner's friends' arms, making Willow laugh as the cub licked her cheek with his tail wagging happily.

Gus: I've got leaves in my pants...and I like it.

Knight gave Gus a look when he said that, making both Amora and Willow chuckle before the human girl led them inside, ignoring Hooty as she gently shuts the door behind them.

Amora: Welcome to, the living room. We sorta call it that because it's technically living. You can actually see the walls breathing.

Willow looks at the walls closer, and she saw the walls were moving with heavy breaths.

Willow: Enchanting.

Amora then saw Gus rummaging through a chest.

Gus: And look at all these human treasures.