Chapter 14: The Intruder ( Part 3 ) ( short )

Amora and King dragged Eda into her room by her feet. Amora tosses a small animal skull out of Eda's nest with slight fear in her eyes before she carefully pulled Eda into the nest as Eda continued to snore. Amora then carefully stepped out of the nest.

Amora: ( to Eda, with a kind smile: ) Now, you rest up, Miss Eda. And if you could, no more spells for tonight.

King: Should I bap her again?

Amora: ( chuckles ) Just let her rest, you tiny goober. Come on. Let's go back downstairs before Acorn tries to eat the furniture.

King watched as Amora left the room before...he smacks Eda's face again and said " Bap! " before cackling as he ran out of the room and followed the human girl downstairs.

A few minutes later, King and Amora were in the living room with Acorn and Knight. The two critters watched as King was redrawing a demon with several mouths while Amora stood at the corner of the room with a soft smile and a sad look in her eyes as she glanced at her phone while she held it in her hand. She seemed to be in deep thought about something before she took a deep breath breath, stepped out of the living room into the kitchen, and began dialing a number on her phone, trying to call someone.

Once King finished the drawing, he held up his notepad to look at it. Acorn looked at it with a blank expression and yawned while Knight wagged his tail with his tongue sticking out.

King: Yeah, yeah.

King and the two critters then heard a groan from the kitchen, and went to see Amora sitting at the table with a frown on her face and sadness in her eyes as she was trying to call the number she had dialed down again but the person she was calling didn't answer and missed the call.

Amora: ( sighs in defeat and turns the phone off ) ( to herself, quietly: ) Il doit être encore ivre

Both King and the two critters looked at the girl with concern, and King went up to the table and put his notepad over Amora's phone, causing the girl to flinch a little.

King: Hey, Amora, let me tell you about the most spine-chilling demon. ( Lifts up notepad to show a fish-like demon ) Smoochy-pie the Sweetie Baby! He's... Well, he's a lot more threatening than his name implies.

Amora: Oh... That's okay, he seems... interesting.

King: Hey, are you okay? Are you sad about might not being able to cast that light spell because you don't have a magic sac?

Amora didn't say anything in response, as she wasn't upset about her might being inable to cast spells, but she didn't know if she should tell King the reason to her sudden sadness, which Acorn and Knight seemed to have noticed but King took the human's silence as a yes and he glanced at his notepad before he looked at Amora after an idea of how to cheer the shy human up popped into his head.

King: Hey, if I help you cast that spell, could we finish our lesson?

Amora: Oh, um, you don't have to, I-

King: Eda said witches used to do magic differently, so there has to be a way, right? And I have a theory.

Acorn looked at King with a dumbfounded expression while Knight picked them up, placed the baby trash slug on his back, and climbed into Amora's lap. King then drew something on his notepad before showing it to Amora.

King: Every day I notice Eda sneaking drinks of this special elixir, see? Then she always gets a boost of energy, see? I think that's where she gets her powers. And I know where to get some.

Amora: ( with a quiet voice: ) Um, King, I don't think that's how-

King: I'll go get it right now. Wait here.

King then jumped down from the kitchen table and left, leaving Amora with a worried expression with Knight on her lap and Acorn on her shoulder, Acorn had a blank, annoyed look on their face as they watch King leave the kitchen.

Amora: ( quietly, to Acorn and Knight: ) Oh, I have a bad feeling about this.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on who you think Amora is trying to call.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜