Chapter 35: Just Me and the Girls

[Mature content ahead! Warning: Public sexual activity; oral sex; very graphic!]

***

[Kate]

Waking up enveloped in the lingering aroma of passion and smoke, Roger's arms wrapped around me, our bodies entwined beneath the sheets, felt like a sanctuary. Our night together was electric, his insatiable desire igniting a fire within me. His fervent embrace left no doubt of his attraction to me, and I reveled in the sensation.

In Roger's presence, I find solace from the weight of my everyday responsibilities. Watching the morning sunlight cascade through the window, casting a golden glow upon his tousled blond locks, filled me with a sense of tranquility and beauty. Yet, amidst the serenity, Brian's question lingered in my mind like a persistent whisper. Do I love Roger?

I've been grappling with the same doubts about committing to him, even though we've been together for two weeks now. It's been a lot to process. We both fit the so-called beauty standard, with our blonde hair and blue eyes, and it's both flattering and frustrating to be judged based on appearances.

But the thing is...

He's incredibly sexy, sure, but he's also got this magnetic personality that draws people in. He's funny, smart, and just... vibrant. If he were to lose his looks one day, people would still adore him for who he is. But me? If I lost my looks, I'd feel like there's nothing left. It's hard not to feel insecure and jealous knowing that he could have anyone he wants. If given the choice between me and someone who looked like me but had uglier teeth and a better personality, he'd probably choose her. It's a tough pill to swallow.

It's this very dilemma that clouds my feelings for him at the moment. I don't think he knows me well enough for me to determine if I love him. The fact that I've never even told him about Papa is a glaring indication that he hasn't really seen the real me yet.

I tiptoed out of the bedroom, careful not to disturb him from his slumber. He looked worn out from our escapades last night. But duty called, and I had to prepare for today's medical mission with Health Mission Cornwall. February's assignment would take us to Hayle, and we needed to depart from Truro earlier than we did last month when we went to Redruth.

Entering their bathroom, I indulged in a quick shower to freshen up, donning my volunteer uniform afterward. With my hair neatly tied back, I descended the stairs to grab a bite before I could apply my makeup.

"Good morning," I greeted Brian and John in the kitchen, finding Simone and Stella already tucking into breakfast in the dining area. The girls had crashed here after last night's gig, and they all looked utterly spent, if you know what I mean.

Last night wasn't exactly smooth sailing either. Some of the audience members were downright rude, booing them at times, mainly due to Freddie's flamboyant stage antics.

"Morning," Simone greeted, looking a bit distant. She was in her uniform but hadn't bothered with makeup yet.

"Why do you look like that?" I teased, sliding into the seat opposite her.

"What do you mean?" she frowned.

"Hurry and put on make up or something," I joked, hoping to lighten the mood.

"What did you just say?" Brian interjected from the stove.

"Brian, it's fine," Simone looked at him.

"And why are you still shirtless, Brian?" I added teasingly. "We need to leave soon."

"Kate, that's not cool," Stella chided.

"I was just trying to lighten the mood. You all seem so down," I replied defensively. "I don't see the issue. It was just a joke. That's what friends do, right?"