CHAPTER SEVEN

Coming out of my room, I walked towards the restaurant, where the boys where, to have our morning meal.

        I ordered bacon and egg with orange juice, and went over with my food.

      I greeted the boys good morning, to which they replied enthusiastically. I sat down and started having my meal absentmindedly, oblivious to their conversation and the people around us.

      Ever since I can remember, I always had dreams like that. The weird part is, despite my parents not being home every time, I know the love me. They might be strick sometimes but I know that they truly love me.

       Anytime I remember mom, she always had that sweat and beautiful smile on her face.

     While dad always looked at us with a doting looking.

     I can't remember when last the yelled at me, although do is reprimand me if I'm wrong.

   The first time I had that dream, I thought it was just a nightmare so I didn't bother much about it.

     The second time too. When it happened a few more times, I couldn't handle it anymore, so I told mom about it.

     She told me it was just a dream, that I might have watched a horror movie or something, that they would never do such a thing to me and that if it was really true and not a dream, won't I be covered in bruises? After that, she sang to me my favourite song while laying me to sleep.

       Whenever I think about it, I end up with the same conclusions as mom. Why don't I have any bruises if it truly happened? Why is it that its always in a dream I see those things?

     I still haven't found the answers to those questions even though it's been long now.

       Shaking this thoughts out of my mind, the boys where looking at me worriedly, making me realise that they might have called me a few times now but I was to distracted to notice.

      "What is it?" I asked lookingat the both of them, acting like I don't know the reason for their stares.

      "Are you OK?" Jason asked, Looking worried.

     "Of course I am" I said, trying my best to act normal. I don't want them to worry about me.

     "You seem to be distracted" Greg asked seriously, narrowing his eyes at me and pointing his fork at my plate.

     Looking at my plate, it was still full, cold and deprived of any form of touch. While theirs is all ready empty, it seems that they had finished their meals long ago.

    "Sorry" that was all I could say then lowered my head.

...

   Soon after, we all head out for our day of fun. But before that, I had to do something, to right my wrong.

      While Greg left to go and check up on our first activity of the day, snowshoeing, I was left alone with Jason, in front of where we were supposed to start.

     Looking at the snow, I build up my courage and said,

       "I'm sorry about yesterday." I turned to face him,

       " I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better par of me."

    Jason, stared at me, looking like he was trying to figure out what I was talking about with his brows strained.

      I stood there patiently, waiting for him to remember what I meant.

     "Aha! " he exclaimed, as if suddenly being enlightened and clapping his hands together.

    He smiled and said, "there's no need to apologise,  I wasn't angry at all. In fact, I am gratefulforwhat you said. "

     Saying that, he turned his attention back towards the direction Greg's went. Seeing him running back towards us, he continued,

    "I realized that, like you said, I am really lucky to have Greg as a brother. He might tease me a lot and always acts lazy, but I know that he really does care about. Like this trip, even though he says uts more because he wants to relax  and he doesn't want father to be at his neck that's why he made me come along, but I know that if he truly wanted to come alone he could. He just wanted to find an excuse for me not to refuse coming."

    After he said that,  Greg came to us, looking like he ran a marathon, complained to us about letting him be the one to arrange everything and finally said that everything was ready.

     We then left, with Greg trying to make Jason carry him by putting all his weight on him, and Jason moving far away from him.

...

     "How comes you are ghos sick while on the jet you were alright?" Greg asked amused, seeing Jason's disoriented walking.

     "It's...different...you...can't...compare... them...both" Jason replied weakly, still holding his backpack he brought to take pictures of the areas.

    Today also ended well, with Jason almost vomiting all his breakfast out during the sleigh ride and Greg laughing at him, which earned him a dark stare from Jason, who now looked like a sick man.

    But all in all, the day was fun. Walking back into the Inn, Greg was going to go to the small clinic in the Inn to get motion sickness drug for Jason, while I was in charge of taking Jason back to his room.

     Dropping him at the door, e thanked me and I made sure he entered before I prepared to enter my own room.

    Taking a step, my black boots lightly hit a small round green ball.

   Bending down to take a closer look, it looked like a green orb.

    'It most have fallen off of Jason's bag' I thought.

    I took the orb and was about to knock on his door when my phone started to ring.

   Taking it out of my jackets pocket, I saw that it was my parents calling, excited abd not expecting the call, I hurriedly answered and went into my room.

      Forgetting the fact that I still had the orb with me, 'well I can always take it back later'. That's what I would have thought if I actually remembered at the time.