9- Graduation

Third years, you lived, congratulations....

Graduation is tonight.

Xaden said it's an underwhelming end of school party....until tonight when all the staff go to sleep or lock themselves in their room having exactly one day off before you transition to your next year..

Or in his case next rank Lieutenant... 

As we walk back to our rooms I feel the small twist in my gut, though he's a lying, idiotic, stupid, no good, dishonest, ass hat.... We haven't been separated since last year.

I'm blaming this solely on the bond how I'm feeling right now... Well... maybe that's not all true...but most of it is the bond...

" We're all good." Xaen informs that group we came with. " Get back to your rooms and we'll see you all tonight."

They go without a word looking more then relieved leaving just... Xaden and I. " I'll walk you." He says calmly, walking right away leaving no room for debate.

I follow without a word, I'd fight, counter, something but...there was also that part of me knowing this will be the last time he'll walk me, the last time we'll be living under the same roof. So we walk, I refuse to look at him thinking that would show any..other emotion I have at the moment.

Xaden does the same. Just looking straight but close enough his hand brushes me once in a while.

The halls are dimly lit with the warm hue of the mage lights, last time I was here seemed.... to long ago. Last time I didn't know about what was really outside of Navarre. Last time we were here... Liam would be walking me.

Here we are... Going into my second year and Liam will forever stay a first. It's not fair.

We arrive at my door, Xaden puts his hand over the door frame, " They got in, they took my old ward down. It maybe faded since we weren't here or they had someone with wards take it down... You have a new one up."

" Your still going to monitor me?" I question.

The smallest smile tilts his lips, " Need to make sure your not sneaking any boys in."

I sigh, " I promise boys are the absolute last thing on my mind. You could still feel it? Even when you'll be so..." I trail off not wanting to say 'far' that only reminds me this is his last night here.

He shifts seeming uncomfortable, " Who the hell knows where I'll be. Maybe I'll be closer then we think. It'd make sense since our dragons are bonded."

" You think they would?" I ask a little skeptical.