39- Knowledge is Power

" Be safe." Xaden pulls one of his flight jackets on me zipping me up. " Kill the prick if you need to, hell send Rhys on his dragon's ass again."

" I'll be ok."

" Yea... You say that then I find out your almost burnt out, Aetos tried reading your head again or Barlowe comes back. Each time I swear it gets worse Fury."

I roll my eyes offering a small grin.  " Ok, I really need to go."

" Yea, yea..." He leans in giving me almost a tender kiss before he pulls away again. 

" See you soon."

" See you soon Fury."

I give one more smile before I carefully walk out his door shutting it, careful not to wake anyone else up since it's the damn crack of dawn. I feel bad not saying goodbye to Mira, or even talking to her at all. Though I think she was giving me space as well..just to be with Xaden.

It's been nice these last 2 ish days, having him just for myself, felt normal..semi normal. Felt like last year. I walk into the blistering cold where Rhys was waiting his steam floating around. " I feel like this is what you human's call the walk of shame. We're not allowed to be gone anyways. What's an extra hour of sleep?"

" I call this.. The walk of satisfaction." I answer back crawling unto his back.

He merely chuffs, " You two kept us up all night."

" Pay back for all the times we needed to ride you and Segyl out."

" Not my fault you were riding us out when you could've been riding-"

I slap his back hard, " Shut up! I'm not talking about my sex life with my dragon!"

" You brought it up..."

The ride was.. cold. By the time we got back it was later afternoon, I wonder how far I'll get before Varrish hears of my return deciding to kill me. As I walk I feel something heavy in a deep pocket of Xaden's flight jacket. I palm it trying to figure out what pocket it exactly was coming from.

It was a hidden pocket, deep inside his jacket, seeming as if he tore the jacket apart making like a small pouch then sewing it back together. Once I open it I nearly yell when the blade burns my hand hand almost dropping one of the venin knives.

" Freya?" Hetta asks eyeing the knife her face paling.

" Freya Sorrengail!" Varrish calls out.

I quickly stuff the knife back in the jacket hiding my hands in the front pockets. " Varrish... Malek have I missed you.."