55- Lessened Troops

" Mira!" I yell trying to pull her back, like me she has a vice grip. Xaden simply sighs rolling his eyes. With a flick of his wrist, shadows pull them apart Mira still fighting. " You didn't come back! Why didn't you come back?!" She screams.

With all her might she twists and writhes to get out of the shadows, Xaden just stares with slight amusement, toying with her, adding more to hold her back until all her limbs and waist were with strained she send a cold glare at him. " Let.Me.GO"

" Are you done acting rash?" He questions.

" NO! He deserves more then just a few hits! Especially what we needed to go through? Brennan you deserve to be gutted and your-"

" Mira." I stated boldly, her eyes finally pulling away from Brennan back to me. " Trust me... I know."

" Do you Freya?!"

" Should I let her go or keep her?" Xaden questions lowly beside me. I glance at Brennan who is still standing upright, " He's not knocked out..let her go."

His shadows dissipate, Mira brushes herself off her eyes going back to Brennan automatically marching right back up to him. " He left us thinking he was dead, we burned his things!-" I step between the two eyeing Mira. " Take a swing you'll be in Xaden's shadows again or flat on you ass from me. Calm down!"

Mira narrows her eyes " Oh... That's real rich..coming from the most headstrong, impetuous one out of the whole damn family!"

I hear the smallest chuckle, my eyes flashing at Xaden's for just a moment before I narrow on Mira again. " Your treading is thin."

Mira throws up her hands taking a step back, walking in a tight circle before glaring again at the both of us. " How can you just be ok with this Freya?! We thought he was DEAD! We had an memorial! Mom was heartbroken! Dad's heart gave out! That's why he's dead!"

I feel the pang in my chest, " Mira-"

" Tell me I'm wrong! Everything crumpled the SECOND we saw his name on that deathroll!" She yells. I don't think I've ever seen Mira lose her composure like this...ever. I can't deny it either, the day I saw my big brother on that paper, realize he's never coming back seeing my parents and holding Mira a little tighter when she left..

I sigh glancing at Brennan who's been..silent. His eyes meet mine before he steps around me facing Mira. " Look... I know. And I'm sorry-"

" You sure about that?!" Mira snaps.

" Yes! I am! I never wanted to leave you or Freya. Never Dad. But I could give less then a shit about mom! She made ALL of us do this! She was swilling to sacrifice all our lives for the exact lie why we're all here right now! If I would've came back, said what I saw... I'd be dead anyways."

" You still should've came back!" Mira's voice cracks making her stop as she takes a breath swallowing. " We would've worked something out..."