Feelings Through Us

" Freya?"

" Stay away! Stay!" I scream, Xaden steps back to avoid my blade before quickly rushing back to me. " Your ok...your ok..hey..it was just a dream... It was just a bad dream.."

He hushes me slowly slipping in the bed holding me, " Just a nightmare.." He says quietly wiping a few stray hairs from my warm face."

Xaden's here... I'm ok..He's here..

He's here.

I look up at him, " Are you supposed to be in the infirmary?"

He gives me a small smile, " You really think I'd stay in the infirmary when your here? I had to dodge a few healers and nightwatch..But I'm here. I refuse not spending another night with you."

He doesn't give me any time to counter or refuse as he slips in the bed with a content sigh. He looks over at me with almost a drunken smile. " Hey."

" Hi Xaden." I reply to him flatly. " You should be in the infirmary... You should've stayed put."

He shrugs moving a little closer,  " Your the only one that can make me sleep peacefully... These last few days have been shit. I need this."

He's right. We both need this. Hell, even with him right here I still need proof he's really ok. That's why I allow him to wrap me in his arms. " I thought you said stay alive and here you are nearly getting gutted."

He sighs, " Yea.. it was a bit reckless. But better me then your sister getting gutted, if I didn't do anything those damn things were going to tear her limb for limb." He kisses my temple, " I promise I won't put us all on the line again.. Or maybe I will.... So you won't be such a crabass all the time and you'll actually let me hold you.."

I scoff elbowing him lightly, but he continues " What a pair we are Fury. Your my saving grace, the thing that keep me grounded, willing to do anything for you.. No matter the consequenses.. And here you are doing the same for me..."

It was something in his words that sounded slurry.  I take a good look at him seeing his eyes just a bit dialated moving back just enough. " Are you feeling ok?"

He nods, " Fantastic. Really good. They gave me medication for the pain... Makes me feel good." He pulls me forcefully into his chest nuzzling hsi head in my neck. " We're like a power couple you know." 

His hand finds my thigh, his thumb tracing lazy patterns into it before he travels more inside my leg looking at me with a mischievous grin. " You know... if I really wanted.." He whispers in my ear, his hand travelling into dangerous territory. " I could bring you to your knees with this touch." He whispers his thumb flicking against the thin fabric covering my core.

I surpress any sound biting my lip quickly grabbing his hand, " Don't." I snap.

" Don't?" he questions lust and desire evident in his hazy tone, his hands trying to refrain where they were. " Why not?"

" For one.. You know why.. Secondly... Your held up by stitches. Barely. And third... Your... not in your right mind your on pain pills."