63- The Luminary pt.3

Did they really try to kill me? I mean honestly try to kill me? That wasn't the deal, that was never what they promised. Xaden said be ready for everything but the way I can physically feeling him trembling I could tell he didn't expect this either.

He refused to let go of me for a good few minutes until he knew I was recovered. And that's when all our anger hit. I pull away from him going to the creatures cutting off their heads, I walk to the Viscount and his two nieces. Syrena looking impressed....Cat... Hatred as I throw them at their feet.

Xaden muttered something to my two siblings about keeping quiet as they stay behind us. Xaden comes to my side " Are you ready to have a real conversation now Tecarus."

He simply grins with glee. " I'd love to. Follow me."

I knew by the dangerously calm voice all hell was about to break loose... And I'll happily add to it seeing I almost got damned near killed just a few minutes ago.

Rhys perches on top of one of the walls, his worry evident.  " You alright halfblood?!"

" I'm fine...just shaken from the little transformation.."

" I'll burn this whole palace down...Just say the word." He growls. " Be on standby.. But I get the Viscount and Cat first."

As we walk I see Cat glance back a few times though this time there was no malice, only worry as he keeps looking at Xaden, or at her uncle. We get lead into another discussion room where the Viscount looks more then satisfied sitting- was about to sit as son as the door closes. Xaden was on him.

 " WHAT was THAT?!" He roared his shadows pinning him to the wall, I see a slight trickle of blood run down his neck, the one shadow was almost like a knife around his neck. " Xaden!" Cat begs, " Leave him alone!" She goes forward, but Syrena pulls her back quickly watching the scene unfold.

" If you want to hate me fine, If you want to throw me in that damn fighting pit and send whatever the hell you have locked down there FINE! But you don't EVER involve her!" Xaden bellows tightening his shadows grip as he slams him into the wall with every sentence.

The Viscount struggles to breath as his once satisfied eyes were now pure fear. " I-"

" You knew exactly what you were doing.." Xaden growls. " That's not what you had originally planned was it?" He grins, " You got pissed from earlier that's when you called that damn servant right? That wasn't for her..That was for me right? A punishment."

His swallow confirms it as his face turns a slight purple. He's killing him, and as much as I don't care if he kills him or not I didn't come all this way, fight to my near death, and will inevitably have to fight our ways out IF we kill him.... All for nothing.

I'm getting this Luminary.

"  We need him alive. I want answers." I soothe in his mind, His muscles tense for just a second before I see him give a little leeway, he turns slightly back looking at me.