54- New Knowledge

I avoided Xaden for a few days.

I wanted to talk to Andarna, but she blocked me out, though Rhys told me she feels horrible so she refuses to show her face, I hope her shame passes soon because dear Malek do I miss her.

Again I go down to eat a later supper, undoing my hair along the way so I can just get dressed and head off to bed. All this worrying is exhausting. I walk through the dim halls still with the lingering feeling of always being watched. I still feel like I'm back at Basgiath waiting for...

I feel the chill forcing my mind to rip hat mans face out of my mind and what happened. 

I shake my head slightly taking a few deep breaths, thinking of happy thoughts as Brennan as taught me. I think of that woods, flying on Rhys the first few times, I think of lunches with my friends, I think of the banter between Liam...

Malek I really need some of his annoying jokes right about now....

I heard footsteps.

I pause turning around slightly to see..nothing. I stop completely now getting the very strong sense someone is near..not just someone..

" You've been avoiding me."

My eyes flash to Xaden as he comes out from the other hall tilting his head as he examines me like some type of exhibit. I'm ofcourse to tired to deal with him.

" And you've still been keeping things from me." I retort beginning my walk once more to my room.

" Don't walk away Freya.." He sighs exasperated, ofcourse I don't listen. HE doesn't deserve my time, keeping secrets about MY dragon. As I walk I feel something wrap around my ankle tripping me, that prick was right there to catch me holding me to his chest " I did warn you."

I elbow him harshly getting a small grunt out if him, " Your real mature." I grumble. I should move away from him but the feeling of his arms around me was a little to comforting, like I missed it, deprived from it. So I stayed.

He keeps me close though turns me around so my chest is pressed to his. " I know you probably hate me right now.."

" I don't hate you. I hate that after everything that's happened, after Althybene, after you vowed to tell the truth...your still withholding some. Especially withholding  Andarna's wing."

" And I was going to tell you...But it's been busy. You know that and I'm sorry." he pleads quietly, his hands running down my sides to my hips then up again holding me closer.

" Stop making excuses."

" I'm not. You think I like seeing the disappointment on your face when you look at me? I hate seeing you in pain, or mad, or anything else other then a smile of pleasure."