ℝ𝕖𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤

𝘼𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙩 is the kind of person that everyone would tell their kids to stay away from

𝘼𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙩 is the kind of person that everyone would tell their kids to stay away from. All over Hawkins, Asher was known as bad news with the catchphrase "He's just like his father" used a lot to describe the fifteen year old; which he never understood because his father isn't his biological father. Growing up, Asher never got taught right from wrong, so he just did whatever he wanted. Whether that'd be smoking weed, stealing, getting into fights or just treating people like shit; he'd end up doing it. So, obviously, the boy grew up having people scared of him, not just because of who is 'dad' is. The only person who wasn't fully terrified of Asher is his next door neighbors, Claudia and Dustin Henderson as well as his best friend Eddie Munson.

Eddie and Asher have been best friends since Asher was in the seventh grade and Eddie was in his junior year. There was one day where Eddie found Asher trying to steal some food from the grocery store so he grabbed some more things for him, knowing he wouldn't be able to carry loads; and ever since then, Eddie saw Asher as a little brother. Being best friends with Eddie has a lot of perks for Asher. He got his drugs at a discounted price, gets to watch a rock band live, has someone to buy alcohol for him and most of all, Eddie is just someone that Asher can be himself around. Eddie was never scared of Asher or wanted to stay away from him. Before Eddie knew Asher, he wasn't scared of him because he was just a kid, it's not like he can do much; and now, he knows what Asher is truly like. The main thing Eddie had noticed about Asher is how loyal he is; if Asher shows that he cares about you, he will care about you until the day you fuck him over or the day he dies, which ever one comes first, which made Eddie hate the fact that people judged Asher so much just based on who his dad is.

Everyone in town knew about Asher's upbringing but Claudia and Dustin knew it more than anyone. They always heard the screaming, glass hitting the wall and sometimes even the cries from Asher. Claudia hated the fact that Asher was being raised in an environment like that, but she knew all too well that the police wouldn't do anything about it since they've known about it ever since Asher started living with his 'dad'. So, one day after school, Claudia had asked Asher if he wanted to come over after school, not wanting Asher to be in his home, even just if it was for one night, and Asher happily excepted. Ever since that night, Asher had gone over to the Henderson house whenever it got too much for him at home and he loves it there. Claudia treats Asher like he's another one of her sons and Asher loves Claudia like she's his mom. Then there is Dustin. At first, Dustin was scared of Asher, knowing what everyone in town says about him, but after getting to know him, Dustin started to look up to the older boy. The two became like brothers, with Dustin wanting to be just like Asher and Asher wanting Dustin to be better than he ever will be.